Skip to main content
Question

can’t clear sonos queue in new app

Hi,

i have just downloaded the updated version of the app. Does anyone know how to clear a queue in the new app version?

Many thanks

nick

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

59 replies

I have just used the new app for the first time on my iphone and iPad and very frustrated. There is no way to clear the queue and I use this feature regularly.  I am so frustrated with Sonos right now but our whole music audio is controlled through Sonos.  We have speakers inside and out.  It was on one of the last updates, that we found out the we can only do basic controls on our older ipads.   We just may have to bite the bullet and get away from the system. 

The Sonos desktop controller App can clear room queues. There are also 3rd party Apps, such as ‘Soro’ or ‘Sonophone’ etc.that can clear them too. I suspect this feature will be added to the new Sonos App at some later point aswell.

Thanks for your reply and Yes I did read about the desktop app which is fine, however most of the time I am using either my phone or my iPad.  I would think they would make an update to their new version at least have the same functionality. 

I think they are indeed working on that. 

Completely agree with all of the above. Why would they get rid of the ability to edit the queue, including simply being able to clear it without immediately replacing it with something else. Super frustrated with Sonos right now.

I’ve been trying to use the app this morning and the search doesn’t even work. Instead of search results, I keep getting error messages like “something went wrong. please try again.”, or just a blank screen with music services icons at the top that lead to more blank screens when clicked on.

I’m very frustrated by the latest version of the Sonos app. It makes it almost impossible to find and listed to the music I want which in turn makes it impossible to enjoy my Sonos products.

Completely agree with all of the above. Why would they get rid of the ability to edit the queue, including simply being able to clear it without immediately replacing it with something else. Super frustrated with Sonos right now.

I’ve been trying to use the app this morning and the search doesn’t even work. Instead of search results, I keep getting error messages like “something went wrong. please try again.”, or just a blank screen with music services icons at the top that lead to more blank screens when clicked on.

I’m very frustrated by the latest version of the Sonos app. It makes it almost impossible to find and listed to the music I want which in turn makes it impossible to enjoy my Sonos products.

I miss clearing the Sonos room queue too. It can be done in the desktop controller, but in my own case I use a 3rd-party App called ‘Soro’ (sadly it’s iOS only and not a free App), but it clears any/every Sonos room queue (even to a chosen schedule, such as overnight, if required)  but there’s no option to end a ‘direct control’ session, but it will do me for now.

Just to add, I’m not affiliated to the App, or its developer, I just choose to use the App myself.

KG, I appreciate your reply!

My desktop app stopped working a few months ago after getting a new Mac—I’m guessing it’s not compatible with the latest Mac OS. The desktop app tells me I need to connect to an existing system or set up a new system, neither of which works and results in a “not connected” error screen.

I’m not willing to pay for a third party controller app. A user-friendly and reliable controller app is part of the Sonos products I’ve already spent a lot of money on, Sonos is responsible for providing that.

KG, I appreciate your reply!

My desktop app stopped working a few months ago after getting a new Mac—I’m guessing it’s not compatible with the latest Mac OS. The desktop app tells me I need to connect to an existing system or set up a new system, neither of which works and results in a “not connected” error screen.

I’m not willing to pay for a third party controller app. A user-friendly and reliable controller app is part of the Sonos products I’ve already spent a lot of money on, Sonos is responsible for providing that.

The controller requirements are shown here, if that may perhaps help you further…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-app-requirements

Maybe take a look at the Sonos Web App too (also mentioned in the link above) for use with your Mac.

Thanks again, KG. I’ve tried the web app too, it doesn’t allow me to edit the queue either. For better or worse, it opperates very much like the mobile app.

I’ve spent a lot of time over the past few months trying to get the desktop app to work, following Sonos support page information etc., and I’m done trying. I shouldn’t have to put this much effort into using a product I’ve spent a lot of money on.

Thanks again, KG. I’ve tried the web app too, it doesn’t allow me to edit the queue either. For better or worse, it opperates very much like the mobile app.

I’ve spent a lot of time over the past few months trying to get the desktop app to work, following Sonos support page information etc., and I’m done trying. I shouldn’t have to put this much effort into using a product I’ve spent a lot of money on.

Well sorry I was not able to assist. Hope the issue gets sorted for you soon.👍