Answered

Apple Music skips/glitches

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 35 replies

Anyone else having very small skips with Apple Music on 15.2.1?  Never had this issue before. The skips are a fraction of a second and clickless. It’s not skipping to the next song, but like you removed ½ second of a song  

Seems to happen every 1-3 songs - don’t know for sure. There’s a Reddit thread on it so I must not be alone…

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 13 April 2023, 13:47

View original

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @tg1, welcome back!

This could be network related. Is the audio skipping using a different music source? Does it occur while using Apple Music via the Sonos App?

If there is a wide issue regarding any Music Service on Sonos, it will be reflected in Sonos Status.

If you are able to reproduce the issue, I recommend to submit diagnostics after it occurs and reach out to our Sonos Support for live troubleshooting.

I’m having the same issue. I’m certain it is not network related because for me it only occurs if I’m playing directly from Apple Music. If I play from the Sonos app itself, the issue doesn’t exist. But there is a 1-3 second skip at the start of any song I play out of Apple Music.  

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m having the same issue with Apple Music. It’s not a problem with my network or anything local. It is a Sonos and/or Apple Music problem. This issue coincides with the current problem where iTunes-matched music in my Apple Music library will not play on AirPlay-enabled Sonos speakers (get an encoding error). There are a number of recent forum posts about this. I was on the phone with Sonos Support for well over an hour about this (I also mentioned the skipping issue…. It’s probably not related to the “can’t play this song” problem). Hopefully both problems will be addressed soon. The rep I spoke with was working with a senior engineer and seemed to acknowledge there is a problem. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I don’t think it’s network related. Only Apple Music played from the Sonos app. Other sources are fine. After a few days of it and seems to have stopped. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’ve noticed a tiny bit of skipping with using Apple Music directly, so this might not even be a Sonos issue.

Badge

I’ve had this issue ever since the Era300’s were added to my system and the associated 15.3 (I think) software update. I don’t believe it’s network related (everyone’s first place to point the finger) as I’ve now added the same playlists to my Spotify account and (so far) not had a single issue when using the Spotify service, so as far as I can tell it’s Apple / Sonos related, not my set up. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I was incorrect when I said earlier that it stopped. Mine actually still does it some. Only on Apple Music. 

I'm having the same issue with Apple Music directly from the Sonos app. Micro skips in most songs.

This issue is *not* answered. I’m having the same issue playing Apple Music through the Sonos App. It’s not a networking issue.

So, what did Sonos say, when you followed the instructions above, and submitted a diagnostic and called in?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Did you find any solution? Happens the same for me using my Sonos Roam with  Apple Music in the Sonos App, songs skip a bit and it’s very, very slow to load a song or says the Connection to Apple Music was lost, is not my internet connection  because Apple Music on my iPhone or using Airplay works fine, and I’ve tried  everything, from reinstalling both apps, re authorizing the service in the Sonos app to rebooting all my network equipment, but, as always, all to no avail. very infuriating to have these connectivity issues every time I want to listen to music on my Sonos Roam  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I never submitted a report. Didn’t have the time to deal with it and was hoping Sonos addressed whatever was causing it. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Music just stopped; Unable to play  'Good 4 Me'. The song was not encoded correctly. 
OMG, Here we go again Sonos!
confirmation number: 1 9 1 6 8 3 5 7 0 4 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

No resolution at all,  I had to factory reset my Sonos Roam over, and over, and over again because my Internet connection works absolutely fine for everything else, it just my Sonos Roam the only one that is unrreliable here, has unstability issues and music stoppages even with the most robust Wi-Fi of the world, this is appalling 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Roam is another story all together. It drops off the WiFi for me several times a week and I have to reboot it. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@tg1. I know, this is so unreliable. Did you factory reset it? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

No I didn’t. FWIW, I listened to about 4 hrs of Apple Music this weekend and it never skipped once. Very erratic. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

That’s weird, perhaps there is some random wireless interference in your area 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Most of my speakers are wired. Doesn’t seem to be related to wireless. I have 4 access points in my house and gigabit Ethernet in every room. Pretty good WiFi 6 coverage everywhere. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

So, then it seems some kind of  software glitches, if it’s wired it should work Pretty stable and entirely errors Free    

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

While Listening To Music, My Sonos Roam randomly dropped off   again   using Airplay, I can’t re connect it to the Sonos app and nobody from Sonos tech support here in Mexico can assist me. Confirmation Number:  1 0 9 6 6 5 3 5 9 9

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks for not helping at all 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Maybe start a new thread?

Whenever my Roam disconnects, I have to power it down and restart it. Hold down the button on the back until it powers off, then restart it by holding in the same button. 

Or call Sonos Support? They don’t read these forums. 

Badge

I’ve had this issue ever since the Era300’s were added to my system and the associated 15.3 (I think) software update. I don’t believe it’s network related (everyone’s first place to point the finger) as I’ve now added the same playlists to my Spotify account and (so far) not had a single issue when using the Spotify service, so as far as I can tell it’s Apple / Sonos related, not my set up. 

Just to add that I’ve since switched to Tidal as I wasn’t happy with the quality of Spotify, and haven’t had a single skip in the past month of using it, so definitely not network related.