Answered

Apple Music skips/glitches

Show first post

34 replies

Badge

Apple Music still skipping, not network related at all.

I’m having the same issue. It’s also very unresponsive to any volume adjustment from the app. It takes 5 to 15 seconds to respond after i make a volume adjustment. It’s getting worse and worse. I have a very fast fiber connection so it’s not a network issue. 

The network most of us speak of is not the one between your modem/router and the outside world, but instead the one between the router and the speakers, which is a much more difficult number to pin down, for throughput. And certainly your experiences point to an issue in the controller communicating with the speakers, so at the least, I’d recommend powering down your Sonos, and then rebooting your router. Once the router has come back up, plug back in your Sonos, and see if the delay on commands is still there. 

If it is, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

i’m having the same issue. only with Apple Music. Glitchy / skipping play back when playing from my Apple TV to my sonos ray via fibre optic and using sonos controller to turn on other speakers. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Been having the same issue for months. Other music services do not have this issue, including the likes of Qobuz, Tidal and Deezer that stream in higher quality.

Seems like it can’t be a very widespread problem or else we’d see a lot more reports of it. But after doing loads of troubleshooting I’m confident that my gigabit FTTP internet and strong Eero Pro 6 network are not to blame. I’ve spent ages trying different network and Sonos configurations, but for now I’ve given up. I’ll check Apple Music every now and then when I can claim a free trial, but in the meantime I’ll just use something else.

I think it’s an issue on Apple’s side, but I can’t explain why more people don’t encounter it.

Same issue here. Sonos Connect:amp ZP120 with two passive speakers.

Takes for ages to start playing, to change volume and sometimes songs just stop playing all of a sudden.

Network is the same that allows to watch 4K movies without issues.

Any help available?

Help is always available. I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Diagnostics number ***********

Moderation Edit: Diagnostics number recorded and removed.

I’d still recommend calling Sonos Support. There is no guaranty that the Forum moderators will be able to look at, and respond to your diagnostic.