Skip to main content
Question

New SONOS App - Feedback

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

2190 replies

Hello….

I see lot’s of inputs regarding the new Sonos app and how bad it is.  I concur 100%.  Now that I have the new app on my Android, the lag in my ability to make changes is horrendous.  If I want to turn the volume up or down, it does not work...or I have to try it 15 times and then it finally works.  If I want to add or subtract speakers, it takes 2 or 3 attempts…

Then entire experience is clunky and lags significantly...almost like I am on dial up internet...yet I am in my house on a 1Ghz network with super strong Wifi signal everywhere using Google wifi…

What  total bummer.

If it ain’t BROKE…..

Don’t Beak it??

And i was FORCED into this “update” by Sonos - “really”??? I mean WHY

ONLY BECAUSE I apparently made the mistake of buying a new Roam at Sam’s Club - i now see WHY they cut the price to $80 - they must be getting as TON of returns - are you listening Sonos??

the app will “see” the new roam, but will not let me register it (rendering this new roam to be no more than an $80 BRICK / paperweight)

- and the “fix it” button is “static” - i.e. it IS USELESS AND SERVES NO PURPOSE

Why replacing an App that works with another App that doesn’t?

Bonjour. Ce n'est pas possible de continuer à utiliser la nouvelle app! Plus rien fonctionne, c'est inacceptable et scandaleux. Quand allez-vous rétablir un service normal? Bonne journée 

Moderator edit:
Google Translate-

Good morning. It is not possible to continue using the new app! Nothing works anymore, it's unacceptable and scandalous. When will you restore normal service? Good day

If I’m lucky I can stream to one speaker at a time. Problem is, most of the time it’s not the speaker I want. 

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone

Just upgraded phone to new S2 and noticed missing features from previous S2 version;

No alarm 

No add to or edit or clear queue (directly)

No sleep timer

No widgets (for mobile)

No search for just Artist

No Browse the Artist

No Track info 

No link to album info

Unable to add or create new playlist

Unable to create new speaker groups

Unable to add song to Sonos playlist

Unable to share song

Please can I revert back to old S2!?

No Album Art from music server on NAS

+ can no longer save cue as playlist. 

As a long-time loyal fan, advocate and beta-tester: I’m 100% with the community that this has ruined the experience. Not only is the thing missing all the functionality we’re all used to, how is it that a new UX is so unintuitive? “Hey: let’s bury all the common features most people use every day.” - said no competent UX designer. 

It now takes so many clicks to do anything! And we still haven't figured out how to build and manage a queue/playlist. This has ruined the best part of Sonos, it would be easier with cheaper Bluetooth speakers 

Userlevel 2

I guess we the users can take heart that this disaster made The Washington Post. The article was not kind. Perhaps that will speed “improvements” in the app. You know Microsoft did the same thing with the release of Windows 2000. Complete disaster. The company caught complete hell from its customers who were bamzooled into buying the product. But they controlled, and still control the majority of the market. Does SONOS have that luxury? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I still have S2 on my computer, Is there any way to bypass updating to the garbage they have now...Cant get any farther than this and no way am I updating to something that doesn't work...thanks in advance

My phone app which has the new update on it doesn't work at all. I now have 10 door stops

Ever since the app update I can't set up my Sonos products. Bought the Move 2 and I get stuck on local network, the app doesn't seem to recognise that I already toggled the permission to use the local network. This is frustrating. Please fix it already!!!...

Vad har ni gjort med den nya appen helt kass

Högtalarna bara ljudet hoppar mellan den laggar när man spelar från Spotify 

Ljud nivå hoppar upp och ner fast man in rör den allså lite mer proff och koll på sakerna bör ni ha

Moderator edit:
Google Translate-

ad have you done with the new app completely rubbish

The speakers only the sound jumps between it lags when playing from Spotify

Sound level jumps up and down even if you touch it, so you should be a little more professional and in control of things

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Online articles as saying that Sonos has stated that” rolling out the current piece of junk “took courage” So does leading troops into a losing battle, it doesnt mean you should do it. You can't roll back to S2, as Sonos demands you upgrade to the new Sonos G (as in Garbage)..at present I have over $2,000 worth of door stops. Way to go Sonos..

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Sonos, why haven't you rolled back the universally hated app update? 🤔 Do you hate your own customers?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Online articles as saying that Sonos has stated that” rolling out the current piece of junk “took courage” So does leading troops into a losing battle, it doesnt mean you should do it. You can't roll back to S2, as Sonos demands you upgrade to the new Sonos G (as in Garbage)..at present I have 3,000 worth of door stops. Way to go Sonos..

What would take more courage and also make the Sonos community respect Sonos more is putting their hands up and admitting the mistake they have made and rollback. 

I work for a company that releases software nearly every week. If the developers and R&D I work with broke our companies products like Sonos have done to theirs we would lose a lot of customers and developers would be fired. 

Every user needs to leave feedback and a review especially on the Apple and Android stores. I feel this is the only way Sonos will fix. They are asking for feedback, but isn’t being heard? https://www.techradar.com/audio/these-team-conversations-have-been-tough-sonos-power-users-really-dont-like-its-new-app-and-the-company-responds-including-asking-for-feedback

Right now this is such a shambles. Are you listening Sonos? Is this feedback value like you say it is? If so, PLEASE FIX!!!

Userlevel 1

I have a Pixel and the old app started up immediately. The new app takes about 2 minutes to start. Then I get a “Sonos is unresponsive” message asking if I want to Wait or Cancel. I choose Wait and then Sonos app starts up. This is ridiculous behavior for an established app. The old Sonos app started up immediately.

Why do manufacturers keep putting out crappy upgrades that feel like a downgrade?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ve only updated the app on one iOS device, and have not done the most recent update on that device. I’ve left the older app on my other iOS devices and have used that to control my system.

Today I tried using the new app to play music, and had problems. I’m trying to figure out whether the problems are because I haven’t fully updated the new app, or these are basic problems with the new app, even fully updated. I ran into problems selecting the specific speaker I wanted to use, and then had trouble stopping the music once it was playing. I finally had to use one of the non-updated  devices to stop the music.

If you’re using the fully updated new app, are you able to: 

• Select the speaker(s) you want, click Apply, and then have those speakers play?
  • Start and stop the music?

Since the change in the Sonos app I have to use one volume slider for EACH speaker. How do I change it so I can use ONE volume slider for all speakers at once. I use the app on an iPhone for this.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I still have S2 on my computer, Is there any way to bypass updating to the garbage they have now...Cant get any farther than this and no way am I updating to something that doesn't work...thanks in advance

My phone app which has the new update on it doesn't work at all. I now have 10 door stops

If you are on a PC then it is OK to update. I did that yesterday it is just a newer version of the old S2 and it works great as it always has. I do not know about Mac. I expect the PC app to evetually go away. 

Why do I have to close the app and get back into it every single time?!? I'm seriously considering switching away from Sonos due to all of the BS they've created...beyond unacceptable 

Using android btw

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

If you are on a PC then it is OK to update. I did that yesterday it is just a newer version of the old S2 and it works great as it always has. I do not know about Mac. I expect the PC app to evetually go away. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I click on “Check now for updates” If I say “not now” it closes the app. No other options….”More options” does nothing either’...

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

There should be app and/or system updates DAILY to address this fiasco. A weekend shouldn’t be a thing at Sonos till this is made right for the millions of customer left holding the bag. All hands on deck. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I click on “Check now for updates” If I say “not now” it closes the app. No other options….”More options” does nothing either’...

Try uninstalling from the PC and then reinstalling from the web site. This will install an old old version and prompt you to update. 

Trueplay isn't working properly in the new app for me.  I get to the walk about stage, then it freezes without finishing. 

is there a work around?

Userlevel 1

I hate this app so much it makes me want to sell my entire system.  What was wrong with the old app?  It worked great.  Should have stuck to the adage ‘If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’.

I have never complained about an app before but this one is so bad.  I had to say something.