Skip to main content
Question

New SONOS App - Feedback

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

we are now looking at Sonos alternatives, like so many others

The new app latest version still attempts to play in the wrong rooms. When I finally get it to stream music to the correct speakers (in Spotify) it plays the first song, but fails to update what it’s playing, so one doesn’t have a clue what in fact is playing as it still shows the first song long after it’s finished. 

Please can we go back to the previous generation of the App. The latest update to the Sonos App is very hard to use.

I have 4 speakers that I use only outside occasionally. When not in use I bring them inside. At times they are unplugged for 2-3 weeks. When I plug them in after such time usually they require and update to individual speakers. Fine no problem with the old app it was very easy to find the speaker needing the update and do it and go back to the normal functioning speakers to join with the rest of the group. 

With the new app it took me about 30 mins to find where to update the speakers this weekend and I was finally able to do the update so I could use the speakers. 

Please that part so it’s easy to update the individual speakers like the previous version of the app. I found it once and now I can figure out where it was again….

Kjell A. 

Sonos - you need to roll back this app to the old version and get this one fixed. The fact that you thought this joke of an update was ship ready shows how out of touch you are with reality.  

So the new app is ridiculous plus I just moved one of our speakers to a vacation home and you need location turned on.  I’m on the same wifi network for shit sakes why do you need to know my location.

When i go to location settings there is no way to add the sonos app which i shouldn't have to do in the first place.

I’m out just bought a vacation home and would have loaded it up with sonos product but it will be either amazon dot or google assistant speakers here.  No more sonos.

I just can’t believe you did this to yourselves.  So many people signing out and moving on.

The new App is TERRIBLE.  I’m so frustrated because Sonos literally would not play music until I did the update, and now I’m stuck with this awful system.  Please revert the app back to the previous version and try again. 

My biggest issues are that the search function does not work - a simple search for ‘love’ for example turns up as no search results.  Any artist, any song, any album, any genre even, ‘no search results’.  So I went to play from my pre-established Sonos playlists, which are gone, so glad I spent HOURS working on those.  Then I went to play from my pre-established Pandora playlists - this was a journey!  Trying to find my Pandora account from the home page was cumbersome to say the least.  My kids used to be able to play music from Sonos and they cannot figure it out either - all three have come complaining to me that it doesn’t work and they can’t find anything.

Access to volume, device selection, and being able to get the the screen that shows a button to go to the ‘Next’ song took me a long time to find, and it is not user friendly. 

This is bad.  This is very bad. 

The new app is a cr*pplication. It’s unusable. How do I get a refund for the thousands of $$ I have invested?

I work in health informatics.  A basic principle is that upgrades improve the experience without unnecessary disruption.  You've done neither.  Please revert back to the previous model until you can fix the usability 

How does Patrick Spence still have a job?  Look at your stock performance. Keep forcing this cr*pplication on your customers and you’ll cease to exist. 

I lost access to my Airsonic service through the new app, however I can still access it via the Windows desktop app. Why doesn’t the new app show all services that I’ve configured? This is my primary use case for Sonos, so it’s immensely frustrating to not be able to play my music using the app.

It's a sad thing to admit that after the release of the new app the only thing at the moment working as it should is the good old Windows Desktop Controller...

Which they apparently plan to discontinue soon - because the heck with us loser users. 🙄 It has been a nice ride with Sonos, but now I feel like “I just got the goodbye look”.

Want old iOS app back. This new UI is both confusing and slow to respond. Worst of all is trying to get music easily switched around between my 5 Sonos speakers. Always defaults to the same speaker and seems to get stuck there. This is a major problem and effectively ruins Sonos for me. Instead of listening to music, I’m constantly fiddling with the app. I want to dump this mess and go back to the old app but I can’t. You all gotta fix this ASAP.

When we built 5 years ago, the av guy convinced me to go all in with Sonos. It seemed like a brilliant decision until the last 2 cr*pplication updates. Our whole house of sonos gear is unusable. I want my 20k back. 

Can I roll back my app to the old version?

I had absolutely no issues with the old app for years. Now that I have the new app there’s a delay in volume control and play back, I can’t get songs to play, these is no going back to songs, I can’t set the sleep timer…etc I have invested so much money into making Sonos my home system and now it’s gone to *. It is embarrassing.

Why? Why? Why? 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

why is there is no way to set the default room or room order. 
every time I open the app it starts in another room and takes a minute to switch to the room I (90% of the time) use. 
let me set the room order and a “primary” room like you have done for music services (which would be pointless if search worked). 

The new ap is a disaster. It keeps dropping out, alarms don't work as programmed, doesn't recognise the system. Alarms set to play a radio station play completely different station?

Why?

I’m so sad.  Since the last update I can no-longer drill down into any of my Sonos Playlists that I spent hundreds of hours compiling. 😢 The music from my son’s 21st birthday I can no-longer play. Some of my playlists are there but greyed out.  I keep getting the “something went wrong” message when I try to access my playlists.  I understand that the playlists are on my Playbar but multiple attempts at rebooting my systems (Playbar, router, Android app) have not solved the problem.  

Please, please allow people to revert to previous version.

System very unstable. Stops the playlist much too often. Why ?

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/sonos-for-android/

I found this on another post and downloaded it. It gets you back to the S2 app. I had no music for 2 weeks but I had music within 3 minutes after downloading the old app. It's the original app which Sonos seems to be hiding right now but is available on this wonderful website. Please pass this link around. I don't have the ability to post directly myself so just by replying I'm trying to get this out. It works!

I searched for AC/DC and that was the result. Smooth jazz?  Sonos isn’t using ai, they’re using ni (no intelligence). I’m also noticing performance is semi ok at 4am. What does that tell us?  Sonos is trying to host their app on the cheap. The cloud that we hear about is just a bunch of servers that Microsoft or Amazon own. Sonos is paying for 2 servers when they need 100. Their stock is teetering. We can only expect worse from here. 

Is there any prospect of this being made to work as it once did?

What a mess !

The new app simply does not work. I am very disappointed.

Please, give us the old app !

Why all soundbar companies do not know how to create a simple system to connect to their products?
I’m a system engineer with 19yrs experience and your APP broke me. I’m unable to use your product.