Skip to main content
I’ve seen a lot of posts on here with the same title, but none reflect what’s going on with my unit.

I have a CR200 that won’t turn on. Zero juice.

If I place it in the charging cradle, the top-left LED glows amber for a little bit, then starts flashing. After a little while longer, the LED turns off and the controller’s screen turns on with the Sonos logo, shows me how to connect to a Sonos component. What appears to be a charging icon is present in the top-right corner of the screen.

After about 10 seconds, the screen turns off. I can leave it in the cradle all night and the next day it still won’t have any charge.

Dead battery or something else?
No one? Not a single idea? Bummer.
You may want to wait a little longer for a reply. There just aren’t very many people that have the CR200 still around. It’s been out of production and sale for quite a while.
I have A CR200 I just picked up that's behaving the same way (did I buy yours? haha. no really...)

Stuck a brand-new fully charged replacement battery into it and it seemed fine, except that it

refused to connect to my system. The firmware is too old and I need to call support.

Anyways, I'm wondering if the battery charging on these things is entirely controlled by the software?

and if you don't have it connected to your system, that part of the SW isn't running so you get no charging?

If so, sure seems like a problematic design, but I've seen dumber. I've resorted to swapping the battery into a working/connected controller to keep this thing alive until i can spend time on the phone with support. I also have a universal Lithium-ion charger I could use if i didn't have another option.

Then again, until I do call them, I may not know if this is just an old firmware issue, or if there's something else wrong with this (and possibly your) unit...