Answered

Adding a room to a room that's already playing

Just updated the system with a roam and a couple of Move's. Simple question really. I'm Using Alexa on all of my speakers, and is there a way (or a command) where she will play what I'm listening to in another room as well. For example, been using the roam in the bathroom and then want to carry on listening to where I'm at on the playlist in the bedroom, leaving the roam in the bathroom. I know I could hold down the play/pause in the bedroom before I get in (or out) of the bath, I just wondered if there was a command I could give that would then add another room to the song playing? Cheers 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 May 2021, 22:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Asking Alexa to group a Sonos speaker with another room that is currently playing isn’t supported.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sigh. There was a time when you could have said “Alexa, tell my speaker to add the bedroom” and it would do just that. Only my wife has access to this now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So you’re saying it was supported, but that this feature is limited to some users only now? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

So you’re saying it was supported, but that this feature is limited to some users only now? 

I am saying that my Alexa Sonos skill did this (proving that it is technically feasible), but I have since retired it, and my wife is the only active customer now.