Answered

Pair sonos beam gen2 with a pair of play:1?

• 30 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello and Merry Christmas. Is this combination possible? Because i found a used set at good price and i want to make a surroound set. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by controlav 30 December 2021, 15:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Absolutely, go for it.

Yes. Play:1s make good surrounds. I have an old pair bonded to my Beam/gen2.

Thank you very much for the quick response!!

Make sure you factory reset the P:1s upon receipt. 

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096

Hi thanks for asking (and answering) this because I came looking for the same answer!

I was wondering if I’d be able to take it one step further. I have 3 Play:1’s  at work, but I’m looking  to  change to a wired system because the building (restaurant) is a mess when it comes to wifi.

I’m planning to buy a Beam 2 and use the 3 speakers for surround sound at home. Would I be able to stick one of them up high for a truly “higher” Atmos experience, or is that expecting too much?

That would be expecting too much. Sonos has no option for height (Atmos) speakers , there is only the upward facing speakers in the Sonos Arc, which reflect the height channel off of the ceiling. 

In fact, a Sonos ‘home theater room’ can consist of four speakers at maximum, the sound bar ( which has more than one ‘channel in it), a pair of surround speakers, and a subwoofer. Any other speakers have to be in a separate ‘room’ and will have a minimum of 75ms delay from the ‘home theater room’

That would be expecting too much. Sonos has no option for height (Atmos) speakers , there is only the upward facing speakers in the Sonos Arc, which reflect the height channel off of the ceiling. 

In fact, a Sonos ‘home theater room’ can consist of four speakers at maximum, the sound bar ( which has more than one ‘channel in it), a pair of surround speakers, and a subwoofer. Any other speakers have to be in a separate ‘room’ and will have a minimum of 75ms delay from the ‘home theater room’

I get you. Thanks for the quick reply!

It’s not a big deal anyway. I’d say I’ll be pretty happy the upgrade as is and I can use the 3rd speaker  in the kitchen instead.