Sonos Roam - Using bluetooth while in WiFi range

• 4 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi

I’ve noticed something quirky about the Sonos Roam. 

When I pair the Sonos Roam to a Nintendo Switch via bluetooth at home (in range of my home WiFi). The Roam refuses to prioritise the bluetooth audio signal over the WiFi. It eventually does swap over after 10mins or so. 

However when I do the same test with the Sonos Roam and an iPhone, it works fine instantly. 

I can’t seem to find any setting in the Sonos app to choose the audio source for the Roam either. 

Also when I pair the Nintendo Switch to other bluetooth devices (earphones/headphones), the audio connection works fine (so I don’t think this is an issue with the Nintendo Switch itself).

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix for this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I have the same thing happen with my portable projector, blue light is on, everything is paired but it takes a long time for it to swap from whatever it had paused on wifi to swap to Bluetooth input when I look in the Sonos app. 

Badge

Having similar issue. Thought I'd try and connect the Switch to the Roam using Bluetooth. No sound when using the switch when connected.  Bluetooth headphones connect to the switch and instantly play the sound.