Answered

S2 speaker volume

• 1 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

recently i was listening to my S2 speakers.  Sometimes i use the voice feature to raise or lower volume.  Well, today i tried to increase volume, all of a sudden the speakers were wide open.  i immediately unplugged unit... could i have damaged my speaker??  it still sounds good, wondering it i could have damaged speaker

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 2 February 2024, 01:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Unlikely to have damaged the speaker, but it depends, of course, on what you were playing. To my knowledge, Sonos designs their internal amplifier so that it doesn’t damage the speaker when playing music at 100%.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Sonos reports the volume as a percentage, whereas Alexa reports it as a level from 1-10. Which did you use? More here: 

Since the amp and speaker in Sonos devices  are designed to work as a matched set, there really shouldn’t be any damage caused by full-volume operation, at least for a short period of time.