Skip to main content

I have 5 speakers currently up and running, 4 directly connected to Mikrotik switches (STP works fine) and 1 connected to wifi (Ubiquiti).  I have no issues with any of these speakers or the network they are on.  I am trying to configure a new speaker using the new app, and I get nowhere (whether it is plugged in or not.)  The device shows up as a new product, I click Add (like I did with all the previous devices) and it says “Getting your <device> ready...” then fails and says the device lost connection, if it is wifi, the app says “Lets try this another way,” and has me connect to its wifi which works and I get to the next section where it plays the tone, then I get failures until it asks me to enter the pin, which it immediately fails.  I can see the mac address of the device on the router, it is pingable, and I can connect to http://<device>:1400/status/ifconfig and it displays the ath0, eth0, br0, and ra0 information fine...so the device is getting an IP address when plugged in direct.  If I try to add the speaker through the app via ethernet, it continuously says “The connection to your <device> was lost.  Make sure <device> is powered on.” which it is.

It appears the new app just doesn’t work.

I have tried to transfer my account (which worked, but did not do anything,) logged off, force quit, and then logged back in (which also didn’t work,) and deleted the App and reset it back up (which didn’t work.)  I used an older IOS phone which still had Gold installed on it, but it won’t let me do the add because it forces me to upgrade to the broken app in order to add the speaker.

I am going to try an Android device instead (once I receive it, because I don’t currently have one, and it sounds like these issues are IOS related,) but at this point I cannot add any new speakers (I had no issues adding devices before.)  I suspect like everyone else, these issues are fatal (and hopefully the developers get these fixed eventually,) but I am happy with the Sonos speakers that are working and hope that they don’t get unconnected until the app works.

Is anyone else seeing this, and have something I should try instead?  Would be nice, since I can connect to the speaker via ethernet, to be able to set it up without using the app on IOS.

Android did not work either.  Gets a lot further along, but fails to add speaker :-(

App works now, up until I try to download the update for the speaker.  Then it fails to update with Error 1000 or 1002.

Using the windows App took it to the finish line. The device shows up as an unregistered speaker and I used the Windows App to push the update to the speaker, then I was able to complete the install with the app.