Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Ray No Audio and Clicking?

• 17 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi

I have a Ray which was purchased in December 2023, working fine via Optical all this time but this morning it just would not output sound and I could hear a faint clicking/popping from it.

Rebooted it, no change.

Unplugged optical, still the same

Reset it via the button and it seemed to discover it ok but then said it was added but would not be shown until I rebooted it, which I did and now its back to flashing white with a popping/clicking sound.

Do I need to get it replaced?

2 replies

Hi..

I have experienced EXACTLY the same situation with my Ray after 10 months of perfect use!

It was working absolutely fine then suddenly stopped audio output mid programme viewing and simply started to “click” randomly and disappeared from my system in the app!.

Ive attempted to reboot on several occasions but it simply won't connect as previously when first purchased. Ive contacted Sonos who guided me through the setup process which I was already well versed with but again it simply failed to setup and was simply left “clicking” at which point the communication with Sonos was “Lost” so I'm still left with a non functioning clicking Sonos Ray!.

I believe the warranty on these things is for two years but good luck trying to get anywhere with Sonos as regards a replacement is concerned, Im very disappointed and will NOT purchase another Sonos product because there customer service is virtually non existant!.. 

Badge +1

Update on this.

Sonos support asked me to RMA it, currently on its way to Poland. Fortunately it was under warranty!