Answered

Sonos Beam Gen2 and Sony Bravia

• 1 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi. Happy Sonos Beam Gen 2 owner, and just this week, I upgraded the Sony Bravia family tv to a bigger size. I tried to set up the Beam as normal to connect. Sony Bravia sync (CEC) was on, eARC mode was set to “off”, and the TV actually connected to the Beam briefly, sound coming through the Beam for about 3 seconds before reverting back to the TV speaker audio. “Digital Output” on tv audio settings went from white to grey and became unselectable. I tried this 4/5 times with the same result. The Beam connected but didn’t remain so, and the sound defaulted back to the TV speakers. 

I will add that I unplugged two other hdmi connected inputs so it didn’t conflict. 

Highly frustrating knowing the Beam works, but something is throwing the connection out. I’d appreciate any advice that you may have to try fix this problem in a different way. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 1 December 2022, 20:54

View original

5 replies

Have you tried unplugging the TV for 30 seconds or so, then plugging back in for a cold reboot?

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Disconnect everything from your TV including the Beam and unplug the TV and Beam from power for a couple of minutes. Plug them both back in but keep them disconnected. Make sure Bravia Sync is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup under the Beam’s settings in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you to, connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI eARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Beam has been successfully connected to the TV, connect any other device to the TV.

Use these TV settings:

Speakers: Audio System
Audio System Prioritization: On
A/V Sync: On
eARC: Auto
Digital Audio Out: Auto 1
Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus
Pass Through Mode: Auto

Thanks a million for your advice and for the steps guide.

The Beam finally connected with a change of settings as above and a reconnection. 

I appreciate that. 
Cheers and Best wishes

Paul. 

Hi guys, 

Can you please suggest why my Remote control from Sony Bravia smart TV does not work for volume turning of Beam 2gen? Thank you very much. 

It’s probably a CEC issue of some type. Not much information provided, but if memory serves, the Bravia uses a ‘smart’ remote, which connects to the TV via RF, and not IR. This means that volume commands must go from the TV to the Beam via HDMI-CEC. So Bravia Link needs to be turned on on the TV set. That should make the volume work properly, assuming you have the correct HDMI cable type running from the TV’s ARC port to the Beam.