Answered

Symfonisk with playbar for surround?

• 2 August 2019
  • 8 replies

Could 2 of the Symfonisk speakers be used with a playbar for a surround setup?
icon

Best answer by Misfit 2 August 2019, 19:16

Yes. But it would need to be the same two Symfonisk speakers.

So 2 bookshelf or 2 lamps.

You cannot create surrounds with 1 bookshelf and 1 lamp.
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Yes. But it would need to be the same two Symfonisk speakers.

So 2 bookshelf or 2 lamps.

You cannot create surrounds with 1 bookshelf and 1 lamp.
I set 2 bookshelf’s up with my beam on Sunday and have been loving my LG C8 OLED More than ever, just need to add the sub now 🙂
Badge
Just piggy-backing on this topic so there's no new topic made --- if i buy the shelf Symfonisk speaker, I can play the same music on both my current Play3 and that one right? no surprises?
You’ll be cool to pair up the play 3 and bookshelf to play the same songs, the new speakers work as any sonos speaker would
Badge
You’ll be cool to pair up the play 3 and bookshelf to play the same songs, the new speakers work as any sonos speaker would

great thanks!
Just give be literal, you can’t “pair” any Sonos speakers with any other Sonos (or Symfonisk) speaker. You can group them.

In order to “pair” them, i.e. make them a stereo pair, they need to be the same model.

With the odd odd exception of the PLAY:5 gen 1 and gen 2, which can’t be set up as a stereo pair, it has to be two of the same gen. Confusing, no? 😉
Good clarification, I did mean group of
course, honestly
Figured you did, but for others who might come across this thread, it seemed appropriate to be extra clear 🙂 Otherwise, they'd be blaming you for "mis-information" and "misleading" them. I have experience there....