Why????

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 11 replies

I just upgraded to the may 7 update.  The interface is nice and parctical.  However I have a question.  Why is Sonos removing some functionality without telling their costumers.  Where I come from this is called dishonest practice.  Here are 2 that I discovered  and they really piss me off!

• in Spotify no longer able to add a song to my Spotify playlist.  Damn this was practical!
  • no more search in my Music Library.  I would have expected a better search dedicated to my large music library, but now there is no search at all in my music library.  What the hell is the idea behind this.  I would certainly like to have someone from Sonos to explain the reason behind this.

Recommendation to Sonos.  If you want to keep your loyal costumers just be honest with them! Is it not an easy this to do!  and it costs you 0$!  simply tell us what you have removed in terms of functionality. Oh well, I guess there is worst than that in life!!

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

i agree - very disappointed with this update 

can’t add songs to existing playlists - hard to navigate - not sure how this is an upgrade!

Any plans to reinstate this feature? Incidentally I’ve found that the reliability of playing to Sonos array directly from Spotify has improved with recent Spotify updates, so I’ll be ditching the Sonos app.