New Sonos App Wishlist

Userlevel 7

Overall, the new Sonos app seems to be an improvement over the previous version. But I am disappointed that many useful features from the previous app weren’t included. So here is my wishlist for the new Sonos app:

• Bring back the shortcut to the EQ settings on the Now Playing screen.

• Bring back the “HD” and “Hi-Res” icons on the Now Playing screen when streaming lossless or hi-res lossless music from your local music library.

• Bring back the number indicator on the volume slider on the Now Playing screen.

• Under About My System, show what audio format is playing after “Audio In:” while playing TV audio.

• Bring back the alphabetical search/quick scroll feature for local music libraries.

• Include local music libraries in the Search feature.

• When viewing albums from a specific artist, allow the option to switch from list view to grid view.

What other features would you like to see brought back or added?

17 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I agree with all these.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Particularly missing the easily accessible EQ, why the heck did they bury it in settings? 🙄

Userlevel 3
Badge

Bring back all of the above please.

Userlevel 7

More items:

• Bring back the Autoplay Room feature under the Line-In settings.
  • Bring back the ability to change the SonosNet channel.
  • Bring back the ability to add a music library and update it.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4

My number one wish is to get back all the queue management features. That includes adding a track to a queue without replacing the queue, removing a track from a queue but not from your whole library, rearranging your list, clearing the queue, saving a new list, etc.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Yes to all those power features, but first make it possible to ask to “play next” on a track or an album, which I would have thought was fundamental...

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Also agree plus

Timer function has totaly gone…… WoW what a rubbish update 

Userlevel 4
Badge

If all these features are truly missing on this first rollout (I have not fully tested yet) then my number 1 request is to allow users the option to revert to the old app until the new app has the features they are expecting still working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Other items to bring back:

• Bring back the Mute button
  • Bring back the MyTuner radio stations in Favorites

Alarm and sleep timer please! These were such basic functions that were used on a daily basis 😢

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

To all us Sonos die hards 

If you agree this new app update s3 is a total waste of time 

Email and bombard sonos ceo and there heads…. 

I want at least the s2 back…....

The whole concept of the “Queue” seems to be gone. This was one of the main featurese that I appreciated the most when I bought my first Sonos (at that time controlled with the SONOS CR200 remote).

Adding tracks to the current Queue is gone. I can only replace the whole Queue now.

I want to be able to add songs “To the end of the Queue”, “After the current song / play next”, “Save the Queue” and delete the Queue. I also want the “autosave queue” feature back.

I use this feature a lot - when listeting alone but along with friends that allow anybody to add a song (without interupting the current song of course).

I’m very disapointed and in fact quite upset! Are you not using your own product?

Userlevel 3

All what OP says, but for me especially: I really need the number indicator together with the volume slider to have a precise volume level (like 15%). Right now it’s just guessing. Please bring it back!

Userlevel 2

This app “update" is more of a downgrade, as it seems to have removed most of the features I use most. Alarms are critical; need to be able to add, remove, and change those. Gone. I normally update my music library weekly; can't do that anymore. Can't easily adjust volume on grouped speakers. Can't mute speakers; what? Love combining queues, a fundamental Sonos thing once; can't do that. Thank God I was able to stop the update on my phone; hope I can keep that one til the new one actually functions. Would love if I could revert it on my tablet, too.

Userlevel 3

Agree with all of these “wish-list” items, but especially including local libraries in the search function. My 7-room Sonos system is virtually unusable without it, as I mostly play music from the 19,000 tracks stored on my NAS drive. Scrolling through those one screen at a time is somewhat time-consuming! 😢

Userlevel 1
Badge

Bring them all back  + bring back the ability to add a track to a spotify playlist!

Userlevel 2

Bring back the mute button.  C’mon, Sonos.