Skip to main content
Question

Why Are Rooms Not In Alphabetical Order?

• 17 May 2024
  • 5 replies

In the new App my rooms are in alphabetical order on the manage screen but on the “home” screen they are not. There is absolutely no logic that I can see to the order on the “home” screen, it makes no sense.

When can we expect the new App to support the display of rooms in alphabetical order?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

There is logic to it. The currently selected room is displayed first. The others are still in alphabetical order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Well the currently selected may be first but on my list, Sitting Room is second followed by Dining Room.

What it actually looks like is that the list has the currently selected room first followed by active rooms in alphabetical order followed by the inactive speakers in alphabetical order. I just proved this by first changing the active room and then starting some music in another room.

In my opinion this is:

• Not intuitive
  • Not customisable
  • Simply annoying as I prefer a fixed order so I know where things are rather than have them jumping around

If the new interface is so easy to use why do I have to spend so much time figuring out how to do things and what the logic is behind it.

The more I see of the new app the more I believe that it is a poor proof of concept and that most of the code will be redeveloped by Christmas following a world of pain for us users. 

Userlevel 7

What it actually looks like is that the list has the currently selected room first followed by active rooms in alphabetical order followed by the inactive speakers in alphabetical order.

This order seems perfectly logical to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

What it actually looks like is that the list has the currently selected room first followed by active rooms in alphabetical order followed by the inactive speakers in alphabetical order.

I can’t argue that there is no logic to this approach but it’s not intuitive in my opinion and the screen reorders itself as you are trying to make changes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I can’t argue that there is no logic to this approach but it’s not intuitive in my opinion and the screen reorders itself as you are trying to make changes.

Personally, I’m getting used to it now but I’m still not convinced of the benefits but perhaps I just need to use it a bit more.