Answered

unable to play youtube music

It keeps showing no selection is available, anyone still having this issue?

icon

Best answer by danwooller 25 May 2023, 17:33

View original

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @TomasF 

Sorry to hear of your issues playing YouTube Music. If you’ve tried all the advice given on this thread already and it doesn’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Have the same problem. I got a new phone today and YT music stopped working the second I installed the Sonos app on my phone and connected to my system. Same error as others in this thread. I've been using YT music with my Sonos system for years(?) now without issue.

I can play media on Sonos from other providers. I can play YT music just fine on my phone. There's no issues with my Internet connection.

Kind of unacceptable considering I pay for YT premium, but I don't expect anything less from this dumpster fire of a service. I have a feeling this is on YT Music and not Sonos.

Meanwhile it's 2am and I can't play music on my Sonos 5s to go to sleep to :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @WirelesslyChallenged 

As with my previous posts, I’m listening to YouTube Music now and with no issues. If you’ve already followed the advice given on this thread with no improvement, I can only recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for further assistance.

I hope this helps.

Hi all. I also have a problem connecting to YouTube Music from my Sonos system that started this morning. I have raised a ticket for it and spoken to tech support, but we were unable to resolve the issue. Tech support suggested (since nothing on my side has changed and all other services are working) that it is most likely caused by an unreported issue on the YouTube side, and that I should wait and try again later.

I have just tested this again, without any changes to my network, and I'm now able to re-add the YouTube Music service and stream again, so it appears to be fixed (for me at least).

Oh, and since you asked, "Powertrip" by Monster Magnet. Don't judge me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @richp & @WirelesslyChallenged 

Please note that a service outage for YouTube Music has now been identified.

Please keep an eye on https://status.sonos.com/ for any status updates.

I hope this helps.