Answered

Spotify artist search not working

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

288 replies

Hi @Sheppity 

As you are the only person who reported the issue here after everyone else reported that it was fixed, could you please test once more and let me know if this issue has been resolved for you or not? Thanks!

I can confirm it is now working without the “” - maybe needed to use the “” initially to get it going again - anyhow as I say now fixed

Now working for me as well.  Finally!

Thank you!

Yes all good. Thanks whoever fixed it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @conor et al

We now consider this issue resolved. If you continue to see no results when searching for Artists on Spotify, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team directly. Thank you.

I can’t search for artists through Spotify search on my Sonos app. 
keeps giving me this

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Claudizaa 

That appears to be a different problem with similar symptoms. I still recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @conor et al

We now consider this issue resolved. If you continue to see no results when searching for Artists on Spotify, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team directly. Thank you.

After a couple weeks of this working, it has just started giving me the same error again

Searching on (whatever) artist in the IOS Sonos S1 app is giving no results from Spotify since today…

Have either of you done as suggested by @Corry P , and contacted support to give them , or get, more information?

Problem appears as of yesterday … search with “” works only half .. don’t get the wanted results … a work-around thru the Spotify-app is functioning though … 

Only just noticed this error on my s2 controller on MacBook. Android app works fine. 

The quotation marks to artist search work around does make it function. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Same bug as before: putting quotes around the artist name makes it work.

My two paid accounts are fine, but my free account repros this.

Misapplied server update?

Userlevel 2

This is a new issue for me since yesterday. I have reinstalled Spotify and rebooted hardware. 

Diagnostics report 1868738543

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Misapplied server update?

Its as if the “items in random foreign languages” fix regressed the “artist search” fix. Like Highlander, there can Only Be One?

Yea, I was thinking the ‘fix’ wasn’t applied to all lines of builds, and they’re failing on integrating properly to ‘release’

still got the problem, also it seems to be doing a fade in and out of songs and playing a sample of every other song on a queue or playlist then skipping track. 

dx number:

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @conor @Emmer @mcolls @DiabloGuapo @User680893 

We were unable to reproduce this issue in our own testing.

If you are still unable to search Spotify, please try removing your Spotify account from your Sonos system and adding it again.

Remove a music service account from Sonos

Add a music service to Sonos

If that does not help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Hi @conor @Emmer @mcolls @DiabloGuapo @User680893 

We were unable to reproduce this issue in our own testing.

If you are still unable to search Spotify, please try removing your Spotify account from your Sonos system and adding it again.

Remove a music service account from Sonos

Add a music service to Sonos

If that does not help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

This isn’t a situational, local error.

This is something between the Sonos backend (firmwareversion S1 11.10.1 on my Sonos devices) and the Spotify servers:

Searching (in S1-app) on an artistname, gives in the artist-tab no results. In the other tabs (albums, playlists, etc.) search results are shown.

Searching on an artistname - as I also have a local collection on my NAS and an Apple Music subscription - does however show matching search results from these providers…

On my (i)phone I have also an alternative Sonos app: Sonophone. This app is showing the same search behavior as the Sonos S1 app. Here there are also no search hits under (only) the Artist-tab for the Spotify service…

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Emmer 

I didn’t say it was, but if you want it to be investigated, I recommend you report it. As I mentioned, we are unable to reproduce the issue in our own testing, so if an investigation is to proceed, there needs to be cases associated with it. Please be aware, however, that in order to justify an investigation, we will first perform some troubleshooting steps to ensure that it is not a local issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Emmer 

I didn’t say it was, but if you want it to be investigated, I recommend you report it. As I mentioned, we are unable to reproduce the issue in our own testing, so if an investigation is to proceed, there needs to be cases associated with it. Please be aware, however, that in order to justify an investigation, we will first perform some troubleshooting steps to ensure that it is not a local issue.

However, it could also help move things along if you try removing the account and adding it again, then reproduce the issue and post a screenshot of the results here. Please also submit a support diagnostic and post the given number along with the screenshot. Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

My diagnostic is #420225353

Here is a screen shot of spotify artist search (windows 11 app) showing no artist results. Album search works, adding and removing my account did nothing. It’s the exact same issue that happened however long ago I started this thread. When I contacted phone support back then they watched me do a bunch of searches and then told me to just use the spotify app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks @conor - I’ve relayed it to the team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I did some more debugging in my app, and this only happens on some accounts (for me my free account fails, both paid accounts are fine). I ask for search categories and all accounts return the correct list, which includes “artist” (display string = “Artists”). I then do a Search call with a category of “artist” and the name of an artist, and on the “bad” account I get zero items in the response. No errors, but no actual data in the response. I was hoping the response would include some kind of CV to make it trivial for the server folks to find the matching logs, but it does not.

My diagnostic is #293131379

Two screenprints:

1: searching for Goldkimono in the artist-tab; no results from Spotify

2: searchresult for the same query in the nummer-tab: also hits from Spotify

Using a Spotify-account as part of a paid Spotify-Family subscription