Answered

Spotify artist search not working

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

288 replies

Just ran into this issue as well. Apple Music will return search results just fine, however Spotify will error out. 

I’ve logged out of all Spotify locations, re-authorized my account, ect. 

Same problem for me . Started 2 weeks ago . Search result s on Spotify artists on s1 and s2 not working . Brings up hype machine and out her services just not Spotify . 
agree that it is down to down Sonos to sort with Spotify . Come on guys   . It’s a fairly essential feature 

Spotify search not working in Canada either. I tried to disconnect Spotify and re-add it but I got error 500 “Sorry we are unable to set up your account at this time”

I have 6 speakers throughout my house that are now all pretty much useless at the moment. 

Same symptoms for me.  Sonos S1 - artist search not working except for the random artists mentioned by other users here.  Please Sonos, work with Spotify and resolve this issue. 

Apparently Sonos has a new search function. I wonder if this is the problem? 

Same issue.

Same issue with S1 here in the Netherlands, but only with main account.

We have a family Spotify account and artist search works fine if I choose one of the Spotify family accounts other than the main account. Very strange.

I tried using a family account and search still doesn’t work. 

Same issues here.  Classic Search in Sonos - Spotify Artists don’t work (though songs and albums do).  

New Search - can’t connect to Spotify.  

Help!  

Still not working. Do you think we’re waiting for Sonos or Spotify ?

I think the problem is the new Sonos search. I can play music directly from Spotify to my speakers but I can’t search Spotify on the Sonos app on either desktop or mobile. 

Sonos doesn’t do anything on a search, beyond sending what you’ve typed to Spotify, then displaying what they get back from Spotify. They don’t even modify the data in any way. 

This is a Spotify issue. Unless Sonos isn’t sending them the correct data in the search request, but I think we’d have heard from @controlav if that was the case. 

Same issue here. Can't search artist in the S2 app when using the search engine linked to a Spotify account. The only way I could get a result is using classic search and navigate through album, title or playlist.

It is possible to search an artist in the Spotify app on an Android phone and play to Sonos with Spotify Connect without any issues.

Seems to be related to the Sonos search not displaying the results, thus giving the message that Spotify could not respond for some reason. Please investigate.

​​​​​​Regards,

Would appreciate an update team Sonos… clearly an issue for many! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sonos doesn’t do anything on a search, beyond sending what you’ve typed to Spotify, then displaying what they get back from Spotify. They don’t even modify the data in any way. 

This is a Spotify issue. Unless Sonos isn’t sending them the correct data in the search request, but I think we’d have heard from @controlav if that was the case. 

Its definitely a Spotify issue, but it suddenly started working for me (on all 3 of my accounts) so I cannot debug this one further.

Same prob. This has been going on for more than a week. Why sonos have not resolved this is beyond me

I have the same issue. In all of my other services search works but not Spotify

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Same prob. This has been going on for more than a week. Why sonos have not resolved this is beyond me

Because it is Spotify’s problem to fix.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have this issue as well. No settings have been changed. Sonos - please advise.

I’ve been in communication with Spotify through FB, there is a page called SpotifyCares. I suggest everyone contact them so they resolve quicker.

Userlevel 2

Same here.  Artist search gives no results from Spotify.  Been this way for a week or so.  

Badge

New Search not working in Canada. Classic Search works.

Sonos 2 Spotify interface is suddenly broken. 
Have followed all the instructions including deleting and restoring both platforms. 

As per the previous discussions the Artist search function is not working at all. 
I also see in previous discussions that Sonos has been unable to replicate the issue.
Regardless this is a really issue that needs to be addressed and resolved. 

Same issue here in Finland. S1 with 3 Play3 devices. Sonos app used on Andoird devices (2 phones and 2 tables). Started yesterday after updating one of the Play3 devices which hasn't been used for a long time.

I also noticed that the Spotify home page has been changed on Sonos app. Before all the headlines were in Finnish, now there are many different languages used. Eg. "Good afternoon", "Reecoutez vos anciens favoris", "Entdecke mehr von Metallica", "Kivaa maanantaita!". Only the last one is in Finnish and two of them I have no idea what languages they are.

Now my Sonos system is pretty much unusable and if this is not fixed then I think that there is no other option than to replace Sonos with other system. 

Seems to be related to special characters. Can only return artists that have special characters in their name, only when there are no spaces, i.e:

AC/DC

A-Ha

P!nk

M.I.A

K$sha

But not:

Wu-Tang Clan

Jean-Michel Jarre

Dr. Dre

Panic! At the Disco

A$AP Rocky

You also need to search the full name, i.e. AC/D returns nothing, but AC/DC returns the result.

very interesting indeed, I tried AC/DC and it does return a result but other searches like Phil Collins or Tesla etc are also full name searches but nope !!!

Have the same problem in Sweden. Have re-installed ”everything” but problem persist. Spotify search for everything except artist works.