Skip to main content
Answered

New Sonos App

Dear Sonos, may I suggest you relaunch the s2 app immediately to allow us users to enjoy the Sonos systems we have all invested in. Currently the updated Sonos app is so bad & non user friendly it should have never been launched to market 🤷‍♂️

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You can join the mile-long queue of people making the suggestion, but it’s not going to happen. 

Userlevel 3

Why why why, would Sonos release such a bad update? They are destroying their brand & reputation!!! Pull the updated app roll back to s2 app until the update has been tested through beta testers! Madness Sonos open your ears!

Userlevel 3

Here is why Sonos will not relaunch s2 app folks:- So why would Sonos release its “reimagined” app when it was not yet ready for prime time? Why not do a public beta of the new app, offering it as on optional preview alongside the old, fully-functional app? Why push users to adopt a half-baked experience? The answer comes in the form of the company’s long-awaited wireless headphones, which became global availability on June 5th, 2024. The new Sonos Ace headphones ($449) were designed alongside the new app, and won’t work with the old app. So unless Sonos was willing to delay the launch of a potentially huge product, the company essentially had no choice but to proceed with the premature app refresh. As quoted by Audioholics

Dear Sonos, may I suggest you relaunch the s2 app immediately to allow us users to enjoy the Sonos systems we have all invested in. Currently the updated Sonos app is so bad & non user friendly it should have never been launched to market 🤷‍♂️

I understand your frustration with the current version of the Sonos app. While I'm not affiliated with Sonos, I recommend reaching out to their support team directly to share your feedback. They might appreciate hearing from users like you and could potentially address any issues you're experiencing. Hopefully, they'll consider your suggestions for improvement.

Userlevel 1

Dear Sonos

Either fix your app or let us go. This last update was such a cluster that I now hate your system that I used to love. 
Fix it please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Sonos

Either fix your app or let us go. This last update was such a cluster that I now hate your system that I used to love. 
Fix it please!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand your frustration. But exactly what does “let us go” mean?

Userlevel 1

Tell us to “leave Sonos and go to the competition” if you can’t support your customers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tell us to “leave Sonos and go to the competition” if you can’t support your customers. 

Some people would say that Sonos have already done that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Userlevel 1

I just bought a sonos arc yesterday and despite  the soundbar connects to my wifi the app shows no devices have been plugged in, should I assume it's an issue with the app? I borrowed an iPhone from a friend, performed a factory reset and no luck, after reading these posts I'm starting to think it's an issue with the app itself, I will create a new thread for this but yeah this is pretty disappointing so far 

Userlevel 2
Badge

And again - when will your garbage app update so we can access our NAS? And a whole load of radio stations that aren’t in the sponsored lists available to date?

Is your company listed on any market? Are the founders looking to cash out? Why do you repeatedly lie about your company and its plans to rinse its customers?

And finally, have you binned your PR firm yet? How much did you pay them for this disaster campaign? 

Userlevel 2

Advice to possible new SONOS clients: Steer away of this company!!!

They have lost their way.

The new app totally sucks.

Please fire the CEO.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

This is complete garbage.  I just had to re-enter all of my speakers into system settings and half way thru the first time the garbage app crashed the after the second time of adding my speakers to the network, NOTHING SHOWS UP!  WTF Sonos--get this fixed NOW or I am telling my installer to get this crap out of my house.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I tried to play music from a pair of play 1’s on the new app in one specific room and couldn’t get it to produce any sound. I have done all of the updates. The Sonos app indicated that the music was in fact playing, but there wasn’t anything audible. I have a three room system. It has worked since the update, although often with difficulty (wonky volume control, randomly stops playing, hard to get to play). I used the Spotify app instead of the Sonos app and was able to get the speakers to play. I would prefer the Sonos app function like it used to rather than have to rely on another company’s software ( Spotify) to get my Sonos hardware to function. In a jam, Spotify might get your speakers to work when Sonos fails. Not ideal, but at least something. All of my speakers have functioned together and separately since the update. Not that time. I’m looking forward to the Sonos getting this under control. I have enjoyed many years of good luck and fine audio from Sonos, it would be nice to get back to the good old days. I’ve read hundreds of posts from these forums and more than a couple of articles about this. I would find it helpful if Sonos would make a statement indicating what went wrong and why then describe their plan to get things back in order.  

Userlevel 1

Totally agree with comments, the app is an embarrassment, SONOS do it again, put profit above customer experience … drops out every few mins, I’ve spent the whole evening looking at the first song I’ve played. Is so slow to do anything … just hope the whizz kids fix quickly with some updates. It’s so sad as the sound is just the best … 

Userlevel 1

I can't even see my arc in the app, man I should have had a look here before buying, what a total mess

Userlevel 3

Sonos have just released app update 80.03.06 it’s far from acceptable but may allow you to at least see your arc and operate it 🤦‍♂️

Badge

Here is why Sonos will not relaunch s2 app folks:- So why would Sonos release its “reimagined” app when it was not yet ready for prime time? Why not do a public beta of the new app, offering it as on optional preview alongside the old, fully-functional app? Why push users to adopt a half-baked experience? The answer comes in the form of the company’s long-awaited wireless headphones, which became global availability on June 5th, 2024. The new Sonos Ace headphones ($449) were designed alongside the new app, and won’t work with the old app. So unless Sonos was willing to delay the launch of a potentially huge product, the company essentially had no choice but to proceed with the premature app refresh. As quoted by Audioholics

very interesting to read this. if it’s the case, I wonder do the headphones work seamlessly with the v80 app? I mean, without lag or constant losing connection or disappearing from the app entirely?  I wonder also how many of the headphones they have sold already?  It strikes me that with money being fairly tight for the majority of people, there are going to be a lot fewer people willing to spend £450 on headphones that I guess the only extra functionality you get over regular wireless headphones is that they connect to your Sonos system?  That is, if your app can find and connect with your system?!?!  I’ll stick with my Sennheiser headphones thanks

edit: I just read here https://www.audioholics.com/news/sonos-ace-headphones that the Sonos headphones cannot be added to an existing system!!  Only to an Arc soundbar!  Sorry but LOL!!!  

Userlevel 1

Sonos have just released app update 80.03.06 it’s far from acceptable but may allow you to at least see your arc and operate it 🤦‍♂️

Still not working sadly, updated both ios and Android apps, factory reset on my arc, and still no luck, however I can cast music to the arc using other apps, which leads me to think the bar connectivity is OK, and its just a horrible app experience. That being said I want to have surrounds and a sub, but I need to have the app working to do so right? 

Userlevel 1

Still not working sadly, updated both ios and Android apps, factory reset on my arc, and still no luck, however I can cast music to the arc using other apps, which leads me to think the bar connectivity is OK, and its just a horrible app experience. That being said I want to have surrounds and a sub, but I need to have the app working to do so right? 

Sorry for the double post, this might be useful to someone else struggling with the new app, I downloaded the windows .exe from sonos and updated my system from there and now it seems to be working without issues in both iOS and android apps, I was even able to run trueplay without issues, so there it is, in case someone wants to try out

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sorry for the double post, this might be useful to someone else struggling with the new app, I downloaded the windows .exe from sonos and updated my system from there and now it seems to be working without issues in both iOS and android apps, I was even able to run trueplay without issues, so there it is, in case someone wants to try out

Sounds great - how does that work in detail? Thank you.

Userlevel 1

New app is still completely garbage. System doesn’t work. Recent updates resolved nothing. Very disappointing last few months from Sonos. Get it together. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Do none of Sonos’ grifting execs read this forum? I’d like to stream my NAS please. 

Do none of Sonos’ grifting execs read this forum? I’d like to stream my NAS please. 

Well if they did, I'm sure they'd make it a priority to tend to the needs of a poster who refers to them as "grifting execs".

Userlevel 2
Badge

Of course they won’t. The point is to treat them with the contempt they have shown us, their customers. 

Sooner or later, the market decides.

Yawn.