Skip to main content
Answered

New App "Lost" my Music Library after update

I’ve just updated to the new Sonos app.  It “lost” access to my Music Library during the Update and no longer gives the option to access it in Manage My system.  What’s going on Guys?  Have you lost the plot?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

88 replies

Userlevel 3

I agree 100% re the losing of my music library I have same problem…no music. However when trying the web app as suggested in the email suddenly there it is. However I can’t find out how to load the web app onto my IPad. Over the twenty odd years I have had a Sonos system they have given me nothing but problems 

Userlevel 4
Badge

The web App works fine on my PC.  What i can’t do is attach my Music Library to either my iPhone or iPad.  Big Tech screws up again and keeps quiet about it.

Userlevel 3

I have now managed to load the web app onto my iPad and my Music library is there but not all the playlists I had.  The update for the Sonos controller has completely lost my music library so having to log on regularly to use the library. On trying to access a radio programme on Sonos Radio on the web app it came up as a problem occurring but the programme did actually connect!

i have to wonder about the ability of the Sonos app builders. Don’t they actually test any updates before issue? It would appear not.

Userlevel 3

Shocking

Ive just spent 2 hours on the helpline only to be told “THE NEW APP CANNOT CONNECT TO MY NAS DRIVE DUE TO IMPROVED SECURITY SETTINGS”

Unbelievable!!!

Im left high & dry with NO MUSIC LIBRARY 

Piss poor customer service

Userlevel 3
Badge

Reverted the complete * new Android app to the prior one. Okay. All is good. However, the Sonos app for Windows update * everything up for good. My entire library is now completely gone, the Windows app gives an error and won’t let me add my music folder back, and the web app does not have any option at all to add to library, and the old Android app won’t let you manage your library without updating…. but when you update there is no option for libraries. LMAO. Pathetic.

There is now zero point in owning these speakers. Without access to my entire music library they are useless.

Edit: Just got the notification that libraries (amongst other things) should be functional again mid-June. Why they released the new app in this severely broken and non functional state is beyond comprehension. Just another example of bad decision after bad decision after bad decision on behalf of the Sonos app devs. The apps and controller fw should be rolled back until the new app is actually ready for release. This rollout has been THE worst yet.

I will NEVER recommend Sonos products to anyone. In fact, I will tell everyone I know to never buy this garbage and to look on the forms and Google Play Store reviews for all the proof needed.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 2

This is unbelievable !!!!!

I’ll change my speakers for some other brands which are more user friendly and considering their customer’s experience more seriously…. 

Userlevel 1

I have been unable to get my music library back when i reverted to older app version for Android.  Says I have to update!  Which I don’t want to do.  Ideas?

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have been unable to get my music library back when i reverted to older app version for Android.  Says I have to update!  Which I don’t want to do.  Ideas?

Same problem here, after updating the Mac desktop app. I even tried to downgrade with my backups, but was being sent into another update loop only, with no option other than to update. This is the worst software experience ever. Isn’t there a code for software engineers to follow? Plus it now asks on one of my Android devices, where I did not update yet, to update to install the Music Library. This is a joke, as this feature is NOT available in the Android app. When you look at their announcement of the new app, it is absolutely misleading, just there to sell their products, but not to give any info as to what will no longer work. Music Library access on Mac is broken for sure, whether NAS or local Music folder. It simply no longer functions, and we have to now wait for another month to see whether they might bring it back? And if they do so I bet the Album Artwork is for sure missing again, as with all the other major updates they had. This is a case for the BBB.

Userlevel 2

Just go to GOOGLE PLAY and see the My Reviews section. It is devastating.!!!!

The My Library section which connects to my Synology NAS is gone. 9 out of 10times I cannot connect with my SONOS Beam Gen2. I have a really good WIFI connection 210 Megabits per second. The app is not intuitive anymore. The version before the 7th of May was better. Please roll back to this version and fix the new one. It must be a concern for the company!!!! Or not????

I would really like to have SONOS commenting on this problem.

Userlevel 1

Reverted the complete * new Android app to the prior one. Okay. All is good. However, the Sonos app for Windows update * everything up for good. My entire library is now completely gone, the Windows app gives an error and won’t let me add my music folder back, and the web app does not have any option at all to add to library, and the old Android app won’t let you manage your library without updating…. but when you update there is no option for libraries. LMAO. Pathetic.

There is now zero point in owning these speakers. Without access to my entire music library they are useless.

Edit: Just got the notification that libraries (amongst other things) should be functional again mid-June. Why they released the new app in this severely broken and non functional state is beyond comprehension. Just another example of bad decision after bad decision after bad decision on behalf of the Sonos app devs. The apps and controller fw should be rolled back until the new app is actually ready for release. This rollout has been THE worst yet.

I will NEVER recommend Sonos products to anyone. In fact, I will tell everyone I know to never buy this garbage and to look on the forms and Google Play Store reviews for all the proof needed.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Yep all this happened to me too.  Sonos are an absolute disgrace.

Userlevel 1

hi all same here lost all my music files after update and now cannot reinstate them i get error code 193

i can play radio but nothing else all working fine before update 

Userlevel 1

The web App works fine on my PC.  What i can’t do is attach my Music Library to either my iPhone or iPad.  Big Tech screws up again and keeps quiet about it.

NOT here - web app worked right after launch but now DOES NOT CONNECT to my library. SONOS is a disgrace. I’m hoping the lawyers decided to filed a class action lawsuit as I will gladly hop on board. The ide that they would sell us hardware and then take away the capability to play our own library of music is absurd.

Userlevel 2

Unbelievable.  Does Sonos do any testing before they send out an update?  I can’t connect to my music library either after the last update.  I use the Sonos app on my Windows PC.

Userlevel 1

Yep.  I just “updated” software for my Mac today, and just like everyone here, my Music Library is gone.  Tens of thousands of songs are no longer available to me.  And so I wondered if anyone else was experiencing this, and lo and behold!

I’ve been considering junking the entire system for a long time anyway, due to its clunkiness, especially when it comes to assembling playlists.  But I’ve had it for many years, and as with everyone else here, it cost a good deal of money ($1-2K).

This is yet another disappointment in a long line of disappointments that this company has presented its customers with over the years.

I’ve been on the fence with going with another system like Apple, because I’m invested in Sonos.  But this is the last straw.  The system is now useless, and the company can’t get their act together and QC their worthless “updates”?!?  Worst customer service ever.

I also plan to contact online audio review periodicals, and let them know what a crappy system this really is, as opposed to the company’s promises.  I suggest that everyone here do the same and flush Sonos down the toilet, where it belongs.

Userlevel 1

I’m at odds here. I had always looked forward to a sonas update believing in bigger and better things. I recently updated my system to S2 … 3 grand. Everything I expected to work…. Worked until the update. No music (NAS) now and I’m stuck to having to pay for a music service. This isn’t good. I hope the powers that be are reading these treads as I’m disappointed. At least give us the old app back or an ability to revert   

Same issues here. We mostly use our little Home Theater PC (Windows) to control our Sonos. Was shocked when I tried to play something from my music library, only to find out the my music library is empty. When I try to re-add I get an error. Anybody know if I can downgrade the app on Windows and use it, even though my Sonos devices have probably already been updated? Where is Peter Pee!?!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a feeling , that the update was more like a test to see, if people are ok to use sonos system without the localy stored music. Like: “It is time to rely on streaming services only!”. Lol

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Same here. No longer an option to access music on NAS drive. However, the last album I played before the up(down)grade is still available to play!  How is that possible? It must still have access to the NAS

Same here. I updated on my phone first and hated the new app so I held off updating my iPad. The phone app lost volume numbers and can’t change the network channel. Changing the network channel was their solution to constant dropouts on one of my Sonos connects that is hard wired to my network. Eventually the iPad up updated on it’s own and I notice my library was gone. I went to the PC app and had to update it. No option if I wanted to get my library back. After updating the PC app, I couldn’t add my library back. I just get an error reason “unable to add shared folder to your music library (913)”

So it’s memorial day weekend and I can’t use my Sonos to play my music. Stuck streaming from Spotify or Sirius I guess.

Way to go Sonos

Terrible update , Cannot link my amazon music , all my history  is gone, And this new app is very confusing, .Can not find anothing can you please roll this back?

Before the update ,it was perfect This update

is the worst update You guys ever rolled out, seriously  WTF when I finally  picked  a song according  to my phone  it was playing  but no sound was coming  out of my system,  Arc, a pair of ones, sub, a great app that turned  into a useless  app just taking  up space, these systems  are expensive,  please  fix this mess

Userlevel 2
Badge

Seriously, they need to hire some UI design professionals.

Totally agree. What a disaster. I was thinking of expanding and upgrading my Sonos system but not now! 

Userlevel 1

Same problem here, sad i cannot listen to my own music (from my hard drive). BTW you can write to Sonos ceo Spence at ceo@sonos.com. Let’s all write and flood his inbox and maybe they will at least let us revert to the old app.

New Sonos update. I bought new amps which are now totally worthless as the connection to my NAS which has my entire music library is not available on my iphone or ipad. My mac book was not updated and I am still able to get to my library. Any body know how to get rid of the update  and re install S2 Sonos.

New Sonos downdate (well, it’s not very “up”)

I have been with Sonos from the beginning as a user and an installer and I have to say that now, after this latest incursion into my clients and my own listening experience I cannot recommend the system anymore. The main gripe has been the total removal of the access to the local library which has rendered my system as totally useless as I do not subscribe to streaming services. My clients have complained, as from the outset, before streaming, I always offered the ability to install a NAS so that they could have their entire music library that they had acquired over the years available.

So we have wait until mid June for a fix which is the bit that takes the..