independante group volume issue

• 16 November 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

hi,

i have since a few some issues with independant volume in a groupe. i can change some, but not the others (wich are grey) and don’t know why.

my app (computer and android) are updated and the devices are here in the exemple, the last ARC and a play3 (so not a pattern between new and old devices). i can only change cuisine and salon or group but not individualy Bureau or Roam

Thanks for answers

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I have heard people say a roam plugged into a charger that wasn’t compatible would cause some instability in group volumes.   What happens in this case with roam operating on battery.  Or do you have issues when roam not involved in group. 

I’ve been having the same problem for a few weeks nog. I have contacted Sonos and they know there is a problem. It’s very annoying since i use the speakers in my office and i have to adjust the volume via phone-app.

Userlevel 1

thx for answering me !

between my post and now, i wasn’t able to use volume for all, and now, it’s possible for all😲. So, indeed, it seems to be an instabillity.  i’ll try without roam in my group (but in fact that’s the point of a multiroom system isn’t it ?🙄)

I have a lot of devices like you and an old customer too. But it seems that sonos is going less and less usefull. 1/ they still didn’t correct a 3 years old security lack that make my Synology music bibliotheca useless. And now, that😡. instead of making new devices every week i suggest they improve their soft as they did in the begining. as a matter of fact, i sell multiroom products like sonos, denon etc to clients and i recommend less and less sonos, because i don’t want to be harrassed by customers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You don’t have to remove the Roam just unplug it from power - to see if its the voltage of the power brick causing the instability.   If it solves the issue a different power brick is the solution.

Userlevel 1

You don’t have to remove the Roam just unplug it from power - to see if its the voltage of the power brick causing the instability.   If it solves the issue a different power brick is the solution.

in fact i bought the entire sonos roam solution 😢. So i don’t plug it with a lambda transformer but  with the official wireless charger and the issue doesn’t come from here😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

with the roam turned off and not a part of the group does Bureau come back up as able to control volume.?

Userlevel 1

Same issue, no logic within or out of the group. And I don't want to turn it off. It's made to be a part of the multiroom. For me, Sonos MUST fix that issue.

If I wanted a turn off device, I would have bought a BT speaker for half of the price and more powerful.

Thanks anyway to you, my friend, who's trying to help me

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I just asked for texting purposes to turn it off. 

Userlevel 1

I'll try