Skip to main content

Bring in a customer-friendly custom URL feature in the Sonos App

• 26 May 2024
  • 3 replies

I am very disappointed that it has become so difficult to add custom URL radios, now that TuneIn is not so well integrated into the Sonos App.

I own several SONOS devices. 

I understand that you are trying to push your radio services but please bring ASAP a customer-friendly way to add custom URL radios in the SONOS App or I will never buy a SONOS product again ! 

I am really fed up !

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Exactly!

The only reason I have stayed a sonos user for 10 years is because of the ability to listen to radio stations wirelessly. To not have this core feature retained in the new app is an indication that sonos is not interested in keeping loyal users. When a company changes it’s business model so dramatically, it is an indication of impending buyout and gutting of the company. Their only hope is selling headphones to a new audience, as I and numerous other forum members will never buy another sonos product unless a basic function like adding and retaining a radio station uRL is added back into sonos radio. Why ask us to pay tunein for a free service?

Since I am new to this forum, I am appealing to more experienced members to figure out a way to actually engage in a dialogue with someone in the company who wants to save it. I feel that there are too many separate sub forums running simultaneously here, to appear unified and make a difference. Is there a way to make one Master forum on the deficiencies of the new app and consolidate all of our suggestions?

Thanks for listening.

When is Sonos going to bring back the ability to enter and save a custom URL?

I do not see this feature being addressed in the new timeline of app updates. 

This is the only reason most of us bought into sonos in the first place. I suspect they have sold very few of the new headphones, or other new sonos products since the update of the sonos app. How do we get this message to someone at sonos who will add back the ability to enter and save a custom URL to the new app, even if it does not require tunein. This should be part of the native app as it has been in the past. I cannot get Tunein to work properly in the free version. This off loading of entering a custom URL to a third party makes no financial or programming sense. How much could it cost sonos to have kept it, even without tunein?