time for Chromecast

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I think the difference here is that the OP wants to cast all audio, not music files, which can be done anyway using ‘on this mobile device’.  Maybe HiFi cast does this, but I doubt it?  The issue isn’t music on the phone, it is YouTube audio etc (I assume).

Yeh. Finally someone sees the issue. 

Sometimes I want to stream audio (not just music, any audio) from Android Tablet to Sonos. And it is not possible at the moment.

But i learn a thing or two when reading all the comments. Thanks everyone!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Are you all iOS users? Because I am an Android user, and not able to cast audio from my my android devices have been a big negative for me. No Chromecast, no bluetooth, there is no way to stream audio from an android device.  

That’s not true - you can cast to a Sonos device directly. As I write, I’m casting from my NAS to a Play 5 G1, with no Chromecast involved. I’m using an android phone and Hifi Cast as the casting software. If I held music on my phone, Hifi Cast could us it as a source.

I’m not saying that it’s ideal, but it is possible.

Hifi Cast, thank you. Learn something new. 

Even though it doesn't solve the Chromecast issue, but I already like Hifi Cast.

Userlevel 1

Are you all iOS users? Because I am an Android user, and not able to cast audio from my my android devices have been a big negative for me. No Chromecast, no bluetooth, there is no way to stream audio from an android device. 

I agreed with you all that sonos market share was increased, my point is that number would be significantly higher if Chromecast is added along with Airplay. You can google and see many people hesitated to buy Sonos products because they use Android phone. 

I’m one of them! Had nearly £4000 in my basket, but literally paused to do a test on my 1SL which the wife uses when she’s doing her hair, and could I heck make it work at all with my S10+. Sonos app integration with YTB also failed, but damn, I can’t find anything as tempting as Sonos. Perhaps if they threw in a free Ipad so I could at least cast from that. Or better still, stop ignoring people and make a statement as to why its not happening!