time for Chromecast

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

All makes sense, but again, you’re not considering syncing video. But perhaps I am overplaying the role of video.  Maybe it could have been implemented in an audio only sources way that make sense.

No, I’m not considering video, as Sonos is an audio system.

Well, if you can’t see how people want audio and video to be in sync in certain applications, I don’t know what else to say.

Unless Sonos has the capability to play videos, I don’t see how this is relevant as a Sonos issue.

If Sonos were to allow bluetooth on something other than the Move, you don’t think customers would want the youtube video on their phone to be in sync with the bluetooth audio no the speaker?    Maybe forget Sonos for a second, and consider headphones, which also can’t play video.  Don’t you see the requirement that the headphone is in sync with whatever video is on the phone screen? 

And of course, this doesn’t always matter as sometimes users are only interested in audio.  They aren’t watching a youtube video or streaming netflix, they’re playing Spotify, Pandora, etc.  Still, the expectation is going to be that the audio from a bluetooth receiver is going to be sync with any corresponding video on the bluetooth sending device.

<Sigh> The subject under discsussion was “and not able to cast audio from my my android devices have been a big negative for me. No Chromecast, no bluetooth, there is no way to stream audio from an android device. “ You’re the only one confusing the issue with video. What the OP is asking for is perfectly reasonable in such an expensive product - but there we’ll have to differ, obviously.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

When you think Sonos, you think a superior experience.

When you see this Google Assistant symbol on inferior speaker, dozens of brands include Chromecast as well.  That is what sets the expectations.  Stepping up to the superior Sonos experience should not mean sacrificing Chromecast.  Buyers just don’t think twice, the expectation is already set.    

And yes, I realize that Chromecast has its own image and it is clearly missing from the Sonos messaging…  

I guess you’re not aware that Sonos speakers can be set as the default speaker for any Google Home device.  No need for the rather unreliable Chromecast, which Google has been deemphasizing  for some time, starting with killing off the Chromecast Audio dongle.