Answered

Remove a 'room' but keep the Line-in

• 24 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi there  -   I have a Connect that I use only to Line-in a turntable; there are no speakers attached to it. So I’d like to keep Line-in as a music source, but remove it’s destination ‘room’.   Anyone know if this is possible on the S2 app? 

Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 24 November 2022, 19:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Just change the name in your settings to Line-In or Turntable.

Or ZZZZ if you want it to sort to the bottom of the equipment list.

Hmm, thanks @Stanley_4  but that’s not really what I was aiming to do.  I wanted to keep ‘Line in’ as one of my music sources, but remove the ‘speaker’ from the rooms list.   But maybe that’s just not possible… 

Hmm, thanks @Stanley_4  but that’s not really what I was aiming to do.  I wanted to keep ‘Line in’ as one of my music sources, but remove the ‘speaker’ from the rooms list.   But maybe that’s just not possible… 

It’s not possible, which is why Stanley suggested what he did. 

It’s not possible.  It would be a nice feature though. with several different use cases in addition to yours.  For example if you have a room(s) that you never want to play alone, it will always play as part of a named group.  Including it in the list of Sonos rooms just adds clutter and makes it more cumbersome to locate the rooms you typically will use the app to adjust.  Then there are the rooms that are dedicated to TV audio, never needed in the Sonos app.  Or rooms that you use voice control or an automation to control 99% of the time. Or it’s your kids room who always uses airplay.

You could implement by adding a check box to the room settings.  Then add a button/toggle in the rooms tab to show preferred view or full view, for quickly switching.  And while I’m thinking about it, also have a setting to specify the order in which a room is displayed in the room tab.  It’s annoying to have to scroll through a list of rooms you rarely use in order to find the one you use daily.