Answered

Bridge system help

• 6 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I bought a Play 3 for use around the house. Worked fine when I added it using the old Mac app. Then it dropped off and of course Sonos removed the add unit functionality from the Mac software. I have had to re-load the app on my phone (new phone) but the app reports “Sonos not found on this wifi”. It wouldn’t because I have a Sonos Bridge. My phone cannot find and therefore select the Bridge wifi. 

My intention was to try and remove the Bridge. and use my tp-link mesh. However, the guides say I need the Bridge removal tool which is in the App! Catch-22.

I have Bridge, Soundbar, the subwoofwer, Play 1 x 2, and (optimistically) the Play 3. The S1 app on the IPhone. 

Can anyone help? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 November 2022, 16:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I don’t think you need the tool. Merely wire your PLAY:3 to your router with an Ethernet cable, and your system should show up in the controller. 

Once the system is there, you can add your Wi-Fi credentials, and you can remove the Ethernet cable. It should just work at that point, assuming the mesh network doesn’t separate your LAN into different subnets. 
I suspect that your BRIDGE’s power supply has failed, something that has been seen before. 

Once everything is ‘back’, I’d encourage you to consider upgrading to S2. The only device in your list that was not S2 capable was the BRIDGE, which many years ago was replaced by the BOOST, but still optional. 

Thanks Airgetlam, I unplugged the bridge, connected the Play 3 with Ethernet as you suggested and hey presto the app worked! Halfway through setting up, and seems to be going ok 🤞 Sanity restored. Thanks a million! It’s not what you’d call intuitive!!!