Answered

Sonos won't play when i ask alexa to play?

Userlevel 1
Badge
I have music playing on my sonos via the sonos app. But sometimes when i ask alexa to play it will say hmm. you''ll have to enable the skill, but yet if i then go into the actual sonos app and press play it works.

why does alexa not always play and pause when i ask it, even if music is showing as paused on the app?
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 12 April 2018, 20:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

39 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Only Sonos staff can investigate.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Only Sonos staff can investigate. anyway to alert them to this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Done 🙂
Userlevel 1
Badge
would deleting the actual device from the smart home tab in amazon alexa and adding it back help?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Yes you could try that but I thought you had tried section 3 of the steps I've listed in the Answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126
Userlevel 1
Badge
Yes you could try that but I thought you had tried section 3 of the steps I've listed in the Answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126
i did try that but never deleted the actual speakers from smart home list. I just removed Alexa from them in Sonos app. . Disabled the skill. Reenabled the skill and then did discover devices. Maybe it will work.
I had this same thing happen a couple weeks ago. Mine was resolved through the Sonos app my app and speakers needed to update.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I had this same thing happen a couple weeks ago. Mine was resolved through the Sonos app my app and speakers needed to update.I updated the Sonos app. Pretty sure speakers are too
Userlevel 1
Badge

I did step 3 the only step i can't do is step 3.6/ In the Sonos app, Select Manage>Add a player or sub' and add the Sonos One's again. This will complete the set-up process again;

The speakers are already listed in the sonos app and they are already online. when i clicked set up it said to wait for a green light on the speaker which i never got.

I don't get it. It keeps saying enable sonos skill. The skill is enabled and linked to the same email i am using on my sonos app. so strange.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have music playing on my sonos via the sonos app. But sometimes when i ask alexa to play it will say hmm. you''ll have to enable the skill, but yet if i then go into the actual sonos app and press play it works.

why does alexa not always play and pause when i ask it, even if music is showing as paused on the app?

Hi michael319,

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. I think it would be best to have our phone team take a look at this issue live. Please give us a call and we'll hep get things working. You can find our phone number here.
Userlevel 1
Badge

do I need to do a factory reset?
Userlevel 1
Badge
so i actually had 2 sonos accounts. idk how that happened. the one i post on here is different than the one i use on my sonos app, but i made sure the sonos skill logged into the same sonos account that is used on my app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
so i actually had 2 sonos accounts. idk how that happened. the one i post on here is different than the one i use on my sonos app, but i made sure the sonos skill logged into the same sonos account that is used on my app.

Are you all sorted now?
Userlevel 1
Badge

Are you all sorted now?
still stops working after a bit. The guy in customer service says it probably goes in active. But sheesh it was only on pause for 10 to 15 minutes it should be able to play if I ask Alexa.

All my accounts are same. Same Sonos account is the one the skill is enabled too. Plus it works if I ask Alexa to turn on lights. Must be something with inactivity. IDK.