Answered

How to activate Alexa mics on Sonos One surrounds?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

57 replies

This is so freaking stupid.  I’m tired of yelling over the tv which is not even turned up loud in order for Alexa to hear me…

Sonos please allow me to use whichever mics I prefer…...

Hi all,

It’s totally a work around solution and I think sonos really need to be able to enable those speakers on the one’s even when connected to Beam

But I have a good setup in my home that works just wall with little added cost: Iv’e setup an alexa echo dot in my living room right next to the sitting area and configured it main speaker as the living room surround (beam+2 ones) and its working as expected as a microphone only and all the voice output.

not official but working way better than screaming around the house for “next song”.

I Have the same problem, whats the point having something that doesnt work properly

After weeks of reading about sonos,s all singing, all dancing useability not one reviewer or sonos mentioned not being able to use alexa on sonos's one,s used as surround. It,s not what they tell you that counts, it,s what they Don,t.

Why is this still an issue? Also my beam does not pick up my voice at all for Alexa when the Sonos ones are connected a sourround. - even when the tv is muted!! The beam will not activate Alexa 

Have you accidentally disabled the mic on the Beam?

I have exactly the same issue with my setup of sonos ones & beam- very frustrating!! Can anyone confirm if this is still an issue for them? and what are sonos doing to try and solve this issue?