I need help getting surround sound from my Steam Link to my SONOS Beam. My surround system includes a SONOS Beam paired with 2 SONOS Ones.
My current setup is as follows -
1) My Samsung TV does not have ARC and it does not send surround sound out via Optical Digital Audio out (it will only send surround sound out for OTA signals).
2) I use a J Tech audio extractor (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BIQER0E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
) to separate audio from HDMI as Optical Digital Audio out and connect that to the Beam with the SONOS Optical Audio Adapter. This works perfectly for surround sound with my PS4, XBox One and Roku
3) The Steam Link (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_Link) will only send out 6 channel PCM (5.1) and does not support Dolby Digital or DTS. 6 Channel PCM is converted to 2 Channel stereo by the J Tech audio extractor - Optical Digital Audio does not have the bandwidth for 6 channel PCM.
4) Would an HDMI splitter work in this scenario? I would connect the Steam Link to an HDMI splitter and thus send a full HDMI signal (Video + Sound) to the TV and to the SONOS Beam.
5) If this would not work, is there any other way to connect this?