Answered

Beam TV source

• 18 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hi, I have received the new beam and is now connected to the TV, Samsung 6 series, and all works great.
The issue starts after turning the TV off. Come back a couple of hours later, turn TV on and no sound. TV knows it’s still connected to external device, but the beam has decided to turn off its source input. I have to open the app again and select TV.
This is a bit of a pain especially for visitors who don’t have the app on their phone.
Is there a way to maintain the selected source on the beam.
Many thanks
icon

Best answer by jgatie 18 July 2018, 22:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi, I have received the new beam and is now connected to the TV, Samsung 6 series, and all works great.
The issue starts after turning the TV off. Come back a couple of hours later, turn TV on and no sound. TV knows it’s still connected to external device, but the beam has decided to turn off its source input. I have to open the app again and select TV.
This is a bit of a pain especially for visitors who don’t have the app on their phone.
Many thanks

Go to Settings->Room Settings->(Beam room name) and turn Autoplay to 'On'. This will make the Beam sense the output from the TV and turn on the source when it does.
Many thanks

Go to Settings->Room Settings->(Beam room name) and turn Autoplay to 'On'. This will make the Beam sense the output from the TV and turn on the source when it does.

Was literally typing the same thing....good tip
Badge
Hi, thanks for that. I must have looked all over for that and missed it.
Much appreciated.