TV, Arc + 4 x One SL

• 20 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi, I would like to come up with an idea that I hope can be solved in an update.

I have bought a lot of Sonos for my house and it works great but in the living room I have 4 Sonos One, an Arc and a Sub (Gen3) I have found out when we watch TV you can only use the 2 One that sits in the back so only Arc, Sub and 2 One are playing
I find this really annoying and wanted to know if it would be possible to get everything to work together when watching TV?

With kind regards

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

You can only have two surround speakers in a Sonos home theater setup. You could group the other two Ones with the Arc setup, but you will likely experience a slight audio delay from the Ones when playing TV audio.

Userlevel 7

Sonos has never promoted using more than 2 speakers as surrounds with one of its soundbars. That said what is it that you find so annoying by not being able to use the other two speakers with TV audio? Although you can but as @GuitarSuperstar pointed out there will be a delay to those speakers not being used as surrounds.

Not only a delay, but any grouped speakers will be playing all channels, fronts, surrounds, and Atmos, mixed together as stereo, thus messing up the soundstage, surround directionally, and any Atmos effects.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Silke Ginderskov 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!