Skip to main content
Answered

Replacement for

• 10 March 2022
  • 4 replies

I am using an old Soundbridge 100 and Zoneplayer 90 system, which Sonos system would give an improvement is sound quality ?

Hi. The Bridge has no bearing on sound quality.  It is no longer essential to have a wired Sonos component in your system, but there are still often advantages to doing so.

The equivalent of the ZP80 is the Sonos Port, but I don’t think that will give you noticeably improved sound quality

In case it changes the answer, what situation prompts you to ask this question now?

Hi. The Bridge has no bearing on sound quality.  It is no longer essential to have a wired Sonos component in your system, but there are still often advantages to doing so.

The equivalent of the ZP80 is the Sonos Port, but I don’t think that will give you noticeably improved sound quality

In case it changes the answer, what situation prompts you to ask this question now?

Because I am looking to improve the sound of my system and this is one area I might be able to improve.  It would also be helpful if I had a streamer which was bluetooth.  It is rather old now so it is reasonable to think it might be an area of improvement.

If a wired connection is not required how would I set up the system now ?

Thanks

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3209?language=en_US

Thanks for this.

Would adding a separate DAC to my system help ?