PlayBar

• 8 February 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
Ok I have 2 play 1s and a Sub setup for my music. I find this great apart from i'm missing mid to top range when playing music. I was thinking of adding a playbar to the setup and was wondering if this would make any difference (worthwhile) to the sound. I'm not really worried about TV since it would be just for music.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Have you tried tuning your speakers/room with TruePlay (requires iOS device - sadly iPhone X not compatible nor any Android) https://www.sonos.com/en-us/trueplay-speaker-tuning-software

IMO you shouldn't be missing anything with your setup. Although, everyone hears sound differently so maybe you are the exception. Try the TruePlay tuning first.
Badge
Hi AjTrek1, Yes I have tuned via True Play. I would still like to refine it a little more to my liking 😃 I'm just wondering if the extra expense would be worth it. If not then I would go for another Amp and get the rest of my setup finished lol.
Userlevel 7
OK. Just by specs along:

Playbar: 3 Tweeters, 6 Mid
Playbase: 3 Tweeters, 6 Mid, 1 Woofer
Play 1: 1 Tweeter, 1 Mid/Woofer

If you get either the Playbase or Playbar I recommend setting the system up as a 5.1 array. Bond the sub to either the Playbase or Playbar and set the Play 1's as surrounds which will auto switch to Full on speakers when playing music. In any even do an in-house audition. If your bank account can afford it I suggest buying both the Playbar and Playbase at the same time from a retailer with a decent return policy do an A/B comparison.

Good Luck and Cheers!
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
IMO the Play 1s are excellent speakers but useful only in smaller rooms or in a surround situation. Others will of course disagree, but I think for serious music listening, other models are preferable.