Question

Mounting a Beam under a wall mount TV.

• 6 September 2020
  • 5 replies

I’m considering a new 48” TV for my place in the mountains, but it would have to be wall mounted with a swivel-tilt bracket - likely a Vogel 545 low profile mount.  Searching these conversations I found a reference to a Sanus mount.  I also found a universal mount on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IEM6DBG/?coliid=I6VJ88FDR77JW&colid=34AKTPL83OREB&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Has anyone successfully hung their Beam underneath a wall mount TV? And with what?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @billdavies.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

The link provided shows a soundbar mount that can be attached to a TV that is wall mounted however that mount can only be attached at the back of a soundbar in which the Sonos Beam does not have. The Sonos Beam compatible wall mounts were designed in a way that the beam rests on top of the wall mount. Allow me to share with you the Sonos Beam compatible wall mounts from our website.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/wall-mount-for-beam-white.html and https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/flexson-wall-mount-for-beam.html

These wall mounts were designed to fit the holes at the bottom of the Sonos Beam so that the Beam still stays upright even when wall mounted projecting the sound towards the audience since the Beam’s internal speakers are not tilted, unlike the Sonos Playbar that have tilted internal speakers for over the TV and under the TV orientation.

However, we can always reach out to other members of the community and check if they have any feedback o about the Sonos Beam mounts that they can recommend. They may have the same option or orientation as your preference.

Let us try to reach out to other members of the community and check out their feedback. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

I am not tracking your answer.  The room is a rectangle, perhaps 25 x 12.  The couch faces the long wall, but because of an interior window in that wall (don’t ask, it’s a loft at my cabin), the TV is not centered to the couch.  So if I get a 48” TV, I think it needs to be on a wall bracket that lets it extend out from the wall and pivot 45 degrees so people on the couch can see it straight on.

I think it would be a disaster to have a TV on a flying mount that lets the TV pivot and twist, I don’t see how the wires back to the Beam could possibly work.  I think the Beam needs to somehow live under the TV on its mount, so if someone pulls it out and pivots it, the two are in the same plane.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @billdavies.

Thanks for the detailed and immediate response.

In my opinion, based on your provided description of the placement of the TV, You would need another mount that would connect to the tv mount bracket provided above. You would need that bracket to connect the Beam wall mount (choosing 1 out of the 2 provided link above on my post) so that the beam can rest freely below the TV and would allow the Sonos Beam to move the same way as the TV when the TV is moved. Otherwise, having only the mount you have provided above would not work with the Sonos Beam as it does not have a way of connecting to that mount using the Sonos Beam’s back as the mounting part of the beam is at its bottom. However, We can always seek guidance from other members of the community that might have a better solution and might be in the same situation as you that is also using a Sonos Beam and is working.

Let us try to reach out to other members of the community and check out their recommendations or suggestions.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

In my opinion a pair of “bars”, similar to those that you found on Amazon, would be appropriate. The most significant issue would be that changing the center of gravity of the TV/BEAM complex might make adjusting the vertical angle of the TV more difficult. And, you may need to search for slightly longer TV mounting screws.

Sanus WSSBM1 seems to be designed to do what I want to do.  Co-designed with Sonos.

https://www.sanus.com/en_US/products/mounts/wssbm1/#