Answered

Sonos Apple Homepod Mini

• 23 July 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a Sonos playbar and connect:amp apparently I can’t connect either to my Apple HomePod Mini because neither product is AirPlay compatible. 

Anyone have any idea what I can do to make the speakers able to play through Siri?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 23 July 2021, 13:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

There are a number of ways to do this, you could use the Connect:Amp line-in with an Airplay2 Airport Express and target the ‘Connect’ in that way and group the playing Airplay2 audio with your other Sonos devices.

Or if the Amp’s line-in is already committed to using another audio source, then you could add an Airplay2 compatible Sonos Speaker instead and target that with your Airplay2 audio and then group that with your other Sonos products. However…

Note: if you are currently using your devices in an S1 Sonos Household, that a new Sonos One SL is not compatible with S1 Systems, but you can still use a Sonos One (gen2) speaker.