problem with Move and AirPlay 2

• 6 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

I was using Airplay 2 to play sound to a Move, which was in the sun room along with other Sonos speakers. I tried joining the Move to the Sun Room, Kitchen, and Living Room Speakers, and the music would start playing on the speakers, then stop on all the other speakers, but continue playing on the Move. This happened several times when I tried joining them together. Diagnostic Report #254890345. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Tam-Lin, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. thanks for letting us know about your issue and on submitting a diagnostic report for us to check the status of the Sonos system. Upon checking, there are Audio dropouts that were detected on the system that could cause this issue on not being synced when doing Airplay on the Sonos speakers. Kindly check this link about Audio dropouts. and Also try to power off the Sonos Move for 1-2 minutes, then power it back on. 

Keep me in the know with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon B. I have a Sonos Move that I have been using with Aiplay 2 via my iMac for several months with no issues. Yesterday it stopped connecting or playing via Airplay. It shows up in the Airplay menu, with a checkmark, but no sound comes through the move. Other Airplay devices, Homepods, are working. I can connect via Bluetooth with my phone and that works fine. I have reset as new, updated firmware, reconnected to the WiFi network, but it still won’t play.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @gkolanowski, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about the issue that you have with your Sonos Move, so that e can check the current status of your Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon. Thanks very much for your response. I just submitted a diagnostic report. The confirmation # is 136293910

I look forward to hearing back on any solutions you might have. IT’s puzzling, because it has been working fine up until now.

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @gkolanowski, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, no issue was detected in terms of the Airplay and on your Sonos Move, this is an odd issue. Have you tried on other Apple Airplay device controllers if Airplay is working with your Sonos Move or is it just the Mac that is not working for Airplay with your Sonos Move?

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon. I just checked three other Macs. The Move will play via AirPlay from an iMac using OS 10.12.6 Sierra and iTunes, but will not work with my main iMac using 10.14.6 Mojave and iTunes, or another iMac and a Macbook using 10.15.7 Catalina and the Music app. The Move shows up in the Airplay list, but the checkmark changes to a - (minus) when I try to check it. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @gkolanowski, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. It seems odd that it works on previous Mac versions and not on the new ones. We’ll take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may request remote access to check on the device controllers and check on this issue for options in resolving this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.