Answered

App does not seem to be showing battery usage

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi,

I think this might have happened since the latest update but now, when I use one of my battery portable devices off it's charger, the App seems to continuously show it's at 100%. 

Noticed it with one of my Roams, that I use a lot for listening to podcasts via Bluetooth from my phone. Will test another Roam just to make sure it's not specific to that device.

Has anyone else noticed this? 

So, my other Roam has just now dropped down to show 99% so seems like an issue with the other one. I will try the other one again later to see if it continues to not communicate it's battery status to the App. 

Moderator edit: combined posts

icon

Best answer by ratty 24 August 2023, 13:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

You can ask it how it’s feeling directly.

http://IP_address:1400/status/batterystatus

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Thanks Ratty

it says:

health = green

level = 100 (don’t think this is accurate though as I’d been using it off its charger for an hour until 10 mins ago)

temp = hot

powersource = battery

You can reset the power management IC if you want.

Power it off as normal by pressing and holding the button on the back. However don’t release when you hear the shutdown tone. Keep pressing until the LED at the bottom turns on red. Release when that LED goes off. The procedure takes 25-30 seconds in all. 

The unit should reboot, but if not poke the back button as normal. 

The health may show ‘UNKNOWN_batteryHealth’ for a short while after reboot.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Thanks - I will try this now

If it gets stuck on “UNKNOWN_batteryHealth” then put it back on charge temporarily. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@ratty -  just performed this on the Orange problematic Roam. Battery is now showing a much more accurate 86%.

The read out shows as before but now with the level as 86.

I will pop it back on the charger now for it to recharge but hopefully this will now have fixed it’s issue. Any reason for this to have happened? Did it get too hot maybe? 

If it gets stuck on “UNKNOWN_batteryHealth” then put it back on charge temporarily. 

Just to add, I was seeing the 100% battery level too and that ‘health’ message @ratty and so did a ‘power-reset’ and put it back on its Qi charger to get the Roam’s health to then correctly show as GREEN. I will maybe monitor this too. Diagnostic: 458977595 & 547620871

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Ken_Griffiths  - was that also with a Roam?

Any reason for this to have happened? Did it get too hot maybe? 

Sorry, haven’t a clue. 

@Ken_Griffiths  - was that also with a Roam?

Yes, it was a Sonos Roam called ‘MotorRoam’ and I ‘may’ (not sure🤔) have had a similar issue with a Roam SL too, as that was showing the health status as ‘UNKNOWN_batteryHealth’ too, although that SL device might well have been 100% fully charged anyway, but the power-reset and return to Qi charger sorted it for MotorRoam as its level dropped a few percentage points post-reset. 

The SL dropped to only 99%, but in truth that speaker might just have had a normal drop in battery level anyway and it quickly returned to 100% on the charger, so can’t be sure on that particular speaker. Diagnostic: 2049362814

I’ll just try keep an eye on things and perhaps see if the issue reoccurs… all seems to be okay and working fine at the moment.

Anyhow, so far, so good. Everything seems to be okay and the Roam battery levels are now showing correctly here.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I will also keep an eye on my Roams from now on.