UK Price Rises

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

142 replies

I will end up now selling my Play 3 and connect at a higher price than I paid for them - this is a bad move SONOS and totally unjustified of hiking up the prices of what is 4 year old technology
Yes, but are you not thrilled at the capital gains that will allow you to move to the "better" Bluesound?! Which other make offers this kind of option?:D
Userlevel 1
Badge +6
Anyone know what the sales have been like since the price increase ? I just looked at buying a play 1 and its still £189 so thought against it! Ha
Given the churn in this market caused by Amazon Echo/Dot, I doubt it will be easy for even Sonos to connect effect to any single cause.
Anyone know what the sales have been like since the price increase ? I just looked at buying a play 1 and its still £189 so thought against it! HaI am sure sales have gone down, that's what happens with price rises. So now Sonos are selling fewer units at a price that makes a profit on each, instead of lots of units each of which makes a loss. Strangely, many on this thread seem to think that is "business suicide".

I realise it's not as simple as that, but there comes a time when there is no point carrying on selling below cost.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Anyone know what the sales have been like since the price increase ? I just looked at buying a play 1 and its still £189 so thought against it! HaI am sure sales have gone down, that's what happens with price rises. So now Sonos are selling fewer units at a price that makes a profit on each, instead of lots of units each of which makes a loss. Strangely, many on this thread seem to think that is "business suicide".

I realise it's not as simple as that, but there comes a time when there is no point carrying on selling below cost.

I've had my Play 1 in my kitchen for about 3 years. I listen to it every day that I am in my house for at least 4 hours on average. At £189 that would be 4.9p per hour of listening.

I consider ALL my Sonos gear to be money very well spent. I bet you plenty of items you have spent that much or way more on that you barely use.
Userlevel 5
Badge +8
You'd hope that now the pound is a lot stronger against the dollar that Sonos would be lowering the prices again in the UK - assuming that the price rises were done because of the exchange rate :)

On Avforums there's a review of the Playbar that has been done recently and most comments are saying that it's way too expensive for what it is.