Question

Sonos One SL won't connect to the app (WiFi)

• 26 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I’ve recently tried to install my first Sonos System consisting of two Sonos One SL controlled by the latest version of new Sonos app on IOS. 

The guide i used:

(https://en.community.sonos.com/setting-up-sonos-228990/setting-up-a-sonos-system-and-can-t-connect-to-sonos-6846488)

The Problem:

Everything went fine besides connecting both devices to the wifi. After connecting them they won’t appear in the app but they receive a IP and can be cleary seen in the Router.

Using a stable LAN connection works without a problem. 

No special network components used besides a Repeater which works fine for other devices

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Celdrig, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue. Let me help you with this.

Please temporarily wire one of your speakers to your router and submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information.

If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. We'll wait for your reply.

confirmation number 1: 1269722338

confirmation number 2: 1466495233

I did a check for each device individual.

Best Regards

Celdrig

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Celdrig, thank you for your response and for submitting the diagnostic report. Let me check it for you.

Based on the diagnostic, there are no associated Sonos players in the report and they are in 2 different systems.

To address the issue, let me suggest the following steps to get your system back online.

1. Factory reset your Sonos speakers.
  2. When you're getting a flashing green light on both of your speakers, it means it's ready to be setup.
  3. Reset the Sonos app.
    • Settings > App Preferences > Reset App
  4. Wire one of your Sonos One SL to your router. Unplug the other Sonos One SL for the initial setup.
  5. Open the Sonos app and create a new Sonos system. Follow the steps on the app to set up your Sonos One SL (wired to the router).
  6. Once you have completed the setup on your first Sonos One SL, plug in the second one and set it up.
  7. Do not remove the ethernet cable yet. Run the wireless setup to register your Sonos speakers to your wireless network.
    • On the Sonos app, please go to Settings > System > Network > Wireless Setup.
    • You will see your WiFi network name on the list. Select it and enter your WiFi password.

Note: If you encounter any issues during the setup, please reboot your Sonos products. Use our guide on rebooting Sonos products to learn how. Once your product is powered back on, select Try Again.

After performing the steps above and you're still experiencing the same problem, please contact our Sonos Customer Care support to perform in-depth troubleshooting. Our phone support has the tools to check what's going on in your system and to remotely access your device to address the issue. 

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions. You're always welcome here.