Question

Sonos ARC + LG G4 eARC Issue

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi all,

Took delivery of a 77” LG G4 2 days ago.

There is an eARC issue I am experiencing specifically with Dolby & DTS content when reverting to Multichannel PCM 5.1 using external devices.

Basically, if I am playing something in Dolby Atmos on the Apple TV for example & then switch over to a device which is set to Multichannel PCM 5.1 (Like the Nintendo Switch surround sound setting), I will have no audio on the Nintendo Switch until either turning the TV off and back on again or completely powering off the apple tv which then seems to release the audio for the Nintendo Switch.

Like I said earlier, this only happens when you are playing or have just played Dolby/DTS content on an external device and then while that device is still turned on you switch inputs to another external device. It doesn’t happen with Stereo, Multichannel PCM 7.1 or any other format, which makes me thing it’s an LG firmware bug causing it.

Anyone else here with an LG G4, Sonos ARC, Apple TV 4K & PS5/Nintendo Switch/Xbox Series X able to test if they have the issue as well?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @billiejoe87,

I’ve not heard of this myself and I don’t see anything in our systems regarding this issue.

With your own troubleshooting, you’ve got it down to a very specific set of steps that are easy to replicate. I would recommend submitting two diagnostics then reaching out to our support team with the reference numbers. One diagnostics should be playing Dolby Atmos from the Apple TV, then the other right after swapping to a different device that gives no audio. Our team can look into the diagnostics to see why nothing is being transmitted and help troubleshoot this issue further.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your message. I have submitted two diagnostics. One is from the Apple TV 4K playing Dolby Atmos & the 2nd one is from the Nintendo Switch immediately afterwards which should be playing Multichannel PCM 5.1 however is completely silent.

I’m emailing support, however would you also please be able to have a look? I have a few sonos devices at home, the one I am having the issue with is the Sonos Arc system.

Thanks