Zone controls

• 7 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Is there any plan to integrate volume sliders and play/pause controls on the “rooms” (zone selection) page of the app? I think it’s be very convenient to have control over each zone without having to load each zone in the app first. For example, if I have 3 zones playing music, I can alter the volume on one of the zones playing from the rooms page instead of having to select the room and then alter the volume.

2 replies

Sonos don’t reveal their future plans. 

Depending on your controller you could consider the use of home screen widgets, one for each room.

Sonos rarely will announce future development plans and has not said anything similar to this particular request.

But to clarify what you’re asking, you want the 3 icon/tab (Sonos calls it System) where you select rooms to have volume sliders displayed for every room or group so that you don’t have to select the room/group first and make it the focus?    I was going to say that wouldn’t work very well for those of us who have a high number of rooms, since they would not fit on the page and would cause more scrolling...but on second thought...it would nice if only rooms that are currently playing display volume controls are always displayed at the top.  You can scroll down to others to start playing audio.

One downside I see to this is that one room/group having the current focus also plays a part when you are on one of the other icons/tabs searching or browsing for what music to play.  I’m not sure if this can be done in a way that doesn’t confuse other features.