Answered

Surround Set for TV / only One SLs for music

• 12 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Sorry if this has been asked before (I’m sure it has...)

I’m wondering if it’s possible to use only the left and right One SL speakers from a Surround Set for music playback then continue to use the Beam + 2 x One SLs as a Surround Set for TV audio. 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 12 February 2021, 21:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

No, you would have to disconnect the One SLs as surrounds from the Beam first and then pair them as a stereo pair. If you want to switch back to your 5.0 TV setup, you would have to unpair them and connect them as surrounds to your Beam again.

And if you use Trueplay tuning, you would have to redo Trueplay every time.

OK, that makes sense, thank you. Do you have experience of this surround set up with music at all? 

No, you would have to disconnect the One SLs as surrounds from the Beam first and then pair them as a stereo pair. If you want to switch back to your 5.0 TV setup, you would have to unpair them and connect them as surrounds to your Beam again.

And if you use Trueplay tuning, you would have to redo Trueplay every time.

Userlevel 7

I don’t have a Beam, but I have the Arc/Sub/Play:1s setup.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Are you wanting to move the speakers or just get more output from them? There is an option to set the surrounds to full for music playback.