Answered

Sonos Beam Not Recognized by Samsung Tv

• 6 October 2023
  • 57 replies

Show first post

57 replies

An update to my last post. Getting my smart plug to turn the Beam off then back on again a couple of minutes later early each morning does seem to have worked for me. 2 weeks without any issue. It’s still a work around but one that for me (fingers crossed) is working. 

I have a Samsung with external hdmi box and ARC connection. Frustrating that I have a Nintendo switch, Xbox and Sonos hooked up to TV and the sound cuts to “tv speaker” almost randomly. I’ll try the smart plug idea. 

Help…

It seems I now have this issue as od today 

My samsung QE65QN85C all of a sudden doesn't recognise the The beam..

It was working fine last night.…

I have tried the re booting 

Re setting router 

It's ridiculous 

If seems there is always something with this sonos

It only recently bought a new TV and this new system and it has always has niggling issues

But this is the worst as nothing fixes it…

Can anyone help.

Thanks 

I bought a Samsung S90C Tv 2 weeks ago. The Sonos arc is connected with its original hdmi cable to HDMI 3 (eARC). Sonos arc gets not recognized by the tv. The setup process in the Sonos app ending up with „CEC not connected“. The first 2 days I was scanning forums and articles to fix it myself. I ended up calling the Sonos support. It became a routine of ever day calling Sonos and Samsung support for 30 min each, if the found a solution for the problem.

They are only advising the trouble shooting like in ever other forum post. Still not working.

Hi 

After spending an untold amount of time on hold with Sonos chat…

We managed to resolve for the time being!

Basically disconnected every hdmi cable and power from TV & beam

Reset router then plugged each HDMI input back in 1 by 1.

I guess like a complete reset

Then had the TV set up each new input again, perhaps try these steps if not tried before.

Fingers crossed all good from now on

I wish I had read this post before we just bought a new Samsung S92C last week.

I have spent all.weekend trying to set it up with the Beam, with no success.

Gutted as we wanted to add to it to a home cinema experience. 

Any up to date advice gratefully received.

All resets and updates carried out, still not working

I had the issue of my Samsung QE55QN95C tv and the Beam Gen2 sound bar not connecting back in December ‘23 which I fixed in Jan ‘24 by using the Alexa smart plug to control power to the Beam, switched on/off and it would connect.

This eventually settled & remained stable until today (20.7.24) and the issue of the Beam+TV not identifying has started again from this morning.

I set up the smart plug connected to the Beam and used the stop/start routine again and after several attempts over a few hours it has reconnected and we will see how long it lasts this time.

Sonos are having a bad time getting a fix for this problem. My son was considering getting a Beam but I told him he would be better to look around or wait until Sonos resolve the long running issue.