Answered

Playbar: intermittent distorted sound

• 12 August 2018
  • 1 reply

Starting a couple months ago, At random times during playback, the Playbar makes farting popping noises. It’s always in sync with the audio mix. As far as I can tell, the artifacts only come from the Playbar. The rest of the mix doesn’t cut out (you can still hear dialogue, the score, etc.) however, the artifacts are usually followed by a brief, split second drop of all audio signal.

The Playbar is connected to the home network switch/router via Ethernet and to an LG OLED55B7A.

Diagnostics ID: 1077156679

I’ve seen other posts similar to this one with no confirmed resolution and requests to troubleshoot in real time during SONOS Support hours, which is not realistic.
icon

Best answer by Shacker 13 August 2018, 17:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Update: as requested by SONOS Support (Twitter) I set the TV audio output CODEC to PCM (previously set to Auto) after they saw optical connection errors. So far no popping since (about 36 hours). Will try swapping the cable if it continues.