Skip to main content
Answered

Updates removed my local music library and now I get Error code 913

How do I fix it?  I have an iphone with the new app, my spouse has an iphone with the old gold app, our music is in an itunes folder on a windows laptop.  The music library is gone on all of them, and I get Error 913 when I try to add the music folder back to Sonos on the laptop.  Our speakers are useless without this - we don’t use streaming services, just our music library.  Do I need to get rid of the Sonos system now because local music isn’t an option anymore???

I have just installed the latest (v16.3) MacOS update. Guess what - nothing is fixed.

Don’t bother with this (again).

Looking at prices for Sonos components on eBay - average is £50-£100 per item. A big loss on my investment, but it looks like investing in an alternative system (Apple HomePods?) is the only way forward. I’ll wait for one more update, then call it a day.

Shame.

The app update this week was partly successful, at first. I was able to 'find’ the music folder on the drive connected to my notebook and load the contents into Sonos.  It played well all day (Wednesday).  That was Wednesday.  Come Thursday, at the first attempt to play some music the app could not play anything in the queue, the ‘unable to play ...’ message box appeared.  When i tried to update the music library, it began to index and then just disappeared. Since then i've been unable to reload the music folder and however i try i get a mix of ‘access is denied’ and 913 errors.  

What's never come back since May is of course access to my network located music folder. 

The update is really unstable and i still can't load the network folder.  How long is this going to persist?

Happy Friday.