Skip to main content
Answered

Unable to connect to Spotify - error 500

Sonos suddenly stopped working, and when trying to re connect, an error 500 occurs saying that we can’t configure your Spotify account at the moment.

What to do?

And no “restart router” answers, please.

Same here. Just started today after many years without problems. Tried router on/off. Turned off speakers. Deleted Spotify in Sonos, and cannot re-add it…

Same for me.

When choosing spotify to a room, it just says that it "still handles previous choosen requests"... 

From Sonos:

“We've identified a problem with Spotify on Sonos and are working with them on a fix. You may not be able to browse Spotify menus in the Sonos app or add the service until it’s resolved.”

https://status.sonos.com/incidents/1qmdqz5pv15f

Same issue here.

Same issue here, any updates?

So this is a problem in the whole Sonos app? For everyone?

Gleicher Fehler bei mir. “Fehler 500, Spotify Account kann nicht hinzugefügt werden”, bzw. “Ihre vorherigen Anfragen werden noch immer verarbeitet. Bitte stellen Sie diese Anfrage später noch einmal. Wenn diese Meldung erneut angezeigt wird, wenden Sie sich bitte an den Sonos-Kundendienst.”

To Everyone

This question has been answered by @GuitarSuperstar. He doesn’t work for Sonos (at least not to my knowledge). Therefore asking if there is an update or if the outage affects everyone is useless. Click the link provided in @GuitarSuperstar answer. That is all the information you’ll get until Sonos resolves the issue. If you haven’t blocked Sonos alerts you’ll see the progress when you’re in the app. Otherwise just keep checking back or trying Spotify. 

Well, it works again! Thankfully!

Not sure about anyone else, but this is still not resolved for me, despite what Sonos said 23 days ago. I still can’t connect my Spotify account, still can’t play from Spotify app to Sonos using Spotify connect. Nobody at Sonos is helpful - all they say is restart your router, delete and reinstall apps, power cycle your speakers…none of it works. Is anyone also still dealing with this? Has anyone figured out an actual fix?

I still got this problem on my spotify. Im using an android phone with sonos app.

Started about a month ago. Thought if i had patience the problem would work itself out but I still cant connect Sonos to my spotify account a month later.
I called support and they told me to reset my router, delete reinstall apps & power cycle your speakers as mentioned above. It didnt work. However it works if i connect my wifes spotify account instead of mine.

So the problem has to be something with different spotify account settings? I tried reaching out to spotify and they told me they cant see anything wierd. (My spotify app on my phone & on PC works as intended).

So spotify & sonos are basically blaming eachother.

Anyone got a fix?