Skip to main content

Today my Sonos is refusing to load any playlist I created on Amazon Music Unlimited that has more than 100 songs. I’ve reset router, cable modem, all speakers/amps, controller, deleted and reactivated the amazon account. All apps and Sonos controller are up to date. I verified my amazon account is active and still at the unlimited level, which it is. 

What is really odd is I can load any playlist, no matter what size, if it was created by amazon. I just can’t load my playlists, unless they have 100 or less songs. I contacted Sonos support and was told amazon limits playlist to 100 songs on Sonos, although only my personal playlist are not working if over 100 songs. I contacted amazon and they said they do not limit playlist songs to 100 on Sonos.

I really don’t want to switch from amazon, I have been happy for a couple of years with their unlimited service.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

The attached pictures shows what I see when I try to load a playlist with over 100 songs. Song 100 shows then just blanks for all the remaining songs. This is the PC app but it does the same on my iPhone app.

Thanks!

This is a new issue for me too with Amazon Music and playlists containing more than 100 songs. Used to work absolutely fine. Now I get "unable to add songs to the queue” error when I try and play an Amazon Music playlist with over 100 songs using iOS Sonos app.

Only workaround is using Amazon Music app and connecting to speaker and playing from there. However not sure if I get Dolby Atmos playback with this method.

I don't think you would get Dolby Atmos doing it this way sadly. I agree it's a pain that playlists are behaving this way now 😔

Today, April 15, 2023, is the first time this is happening to me.  The exact same playlist worked last week but will not play now (cannot Play, Shuffle, or Add To End of Queue).  The idea that “there’s been a 100 limit” is BS...my Christmas playlist from December had over 200 songs and never did I have an issue.

I also don’t believe the comment that there’s a time limit.  My one playlist with 193 songs...only 100 show when I view the playlist.  I selected the 100 songs that show (selected first one, held rshift] key and selected last song, and drug over to the queue...it took almost 30 seconds, but they all became ready to play.  Sonos needs to stop pushing back like nothing has changed.

I’ve been having the same issue for the last two days. Prior to that I was having encoded issues and it would stop playing music for about 15 seconds and then start a new song. 

My playlist is well over 1500 songs and it was playing fine until recently. I too do not want to split it in multiple playlist. I suppose its time to look for a new streamer. I was ready to buy two more units. Too bad 😢 

I have no intention of converting my playlist either, just wanted to see if it would work.Using the Amazon app or Alexa works but there are limitations with that especially if you have multiple sonos speakers and amps.

I have no intention of converting my playlist either, just wanted to see if it would work.Using the Amazon app or Alexa works but there are limitations with that especially if you have multiple sonos speakers and amps.

I’ve got the Sonos Connect, and I can stream to Sonos via Amazon app. So, I’ve got to use the Sonos app. May be Sonos or Amazon will do an update and fix this issue. 

I'm having the same issue, seems to have occurred in the past couple of weeks as I have previously used my own Amazon playlists (with >100 songs) in the Sonos app without issue.

Really hope Sonos can fix this soon as I'm having to play songs one at a time ... So makes my setup pretty useless at the moment 

I have the exact same problem using Amazon Music Unlimited. The only workaround (as per alyc100 post) I have found is using the cast function in the Amazon Music app to cast to your Sonos speakers. That works fine with my playlist of over 100 songs. However, I am not sure whether there is a drop off of sound quality by casting rather than streaming the playlist within the Sonos app?

I have the exact same problem using Amazon Music Unlimited. The only workaround (as per alyc100 post) I have found is using the cast function in the Amazon Music app to cast to your Sonos speakers. That works fine with my playlist of over 100 songs. However, I am not sure whether there is a drop off of sound quality by casting rather than streaming the playlist within the Sonos app?

As far as I understand, you don’t get the full HD or Ultra HD when streaming via the Amazon app, rather than going through the Sonos App. 

Same issue started yesterday. Only a 250 song Amazon list that worked for years up until now.  My guess is that Sonos changed something on their end and will either have to fix it with an app update or lose customers to other platforms.   Not the best timing when they are trying to get everyone to upgrade to their newest speakers. 

I have just reported the playlist issue to Amazon Customer Support Service (Staff: Manuela & Surya) via their online chat. I gave them the link to this thread too. They say they will raise my concern, but not able to provide a reference for follow up.🤷‍♂️

There is nothing on Sonos’ end to change. There was no update to the speaker’s players sent out yesterday, so any ‘change’ involved would have been on Amazon’s servers. There are no Sonos servers for this stream, the Sonos speakers reach out to Amazon’s servers to provide the data. 

Same issue with BluOS on blue sound as well.  Doesn’t matter the size, no self created playlist from Amazon will play. 

@mpbakios Not working on BluOS sure verifies it’s most likely and Amazon Issue. But since this issue effects Sonos customers, I would hope Sonos is reaching out to Amazon for a fix. If you have contacted Amazon support you will see how far that will go. I’m sure Sonos has access to better support with Amazon then us end users.

Works fine with my HEOS set up. 

@GusGusNFTSo you can play Amazon Music Unlimited Playlists, that you created, with over 100 songs using the Sonos App and your HEOS setup?

I’m not exactly sure when it started, but i noticed it yesterday Saturday morning (4/15), both on my Android phone and Windows PC, with any of my personal Amazon Music Unlimited playlists with over 100 songs.

All other playlists created by Amazon exceeding over 100 works fine.

Sonos needs to get this issue resolved with Amazon immediately. They already have very limited options for Hi-res streaming.  I subscribed to Amazon because Sonos does not support Hi-res streaming on Tidal which is my preferred service.   

Side note to my earlier post...I am still able to load 100+ playlists from my “Music Library” (songs on my server) so this does seem to just be an Amazon/Sonos issue (for me at least).  And I can still ultimately get 100+ Amazon songs in the queue, but just the Music Source / Amazon Music / My Music / Playlist will only show the first 100 songs (I get the “unable to add songs to the queue”)

I tried to debug this:

The largest Amazon-supplied playlist I could find was 150 items and it loaded instantly.

I tried to make a “personal” Amazon playlist of my 400 Purchased songs, but could not even figure out how to. Amazons UX (web and iOS) seemed to require me to add each track one at a time, I could not see how to turn their Queue into a Playlist. (And people have the nads to complain about the Sonos UX??). If someone can tell me how to easily make 100+ track-sized Amazon playlists I can debug this further but without a repro I am stuck.

I tried to debug this:

The largest Amazon-supplied playlist I could find was 150 items and it loaded instantly.

I tried to make a “personal” Amazon playlist of my 400 Purchased songs, but could not even figure out how to. Amazons UX (web and iOS) seemed to require me to add each track one at a time, I could not see how to turn their Queue into a Playlist. (And people have the nads to complain about the Sonos UX??). If someone can tell me how to easily make 100+ track-sized Amazon playlists I can debug this further but without a repro I am stuck.

When viewing the queue, try this in iOS AM App… 

Same problem here- with playlists over 100 songs.  My other amazon playlists will play without a problem.  And other music services like TuneIn work fine.   There were no issues two days ago the last time my daughter played from the playlist.  and the same issue no matter which device we are working from. 

same problem no matter which device we use to try and connect.   

There are a few posts about the same problem in the Amazon Music support forum-  the amazon staff made a bunch of suggestions around checking for app updates, installing/reinstalling the app, disconnecting and then reconnecting the amazon account to the sonos app, trying a different device, clearing caches, etc.  I tried it all- nothing works  The amazon rep I was chatting with suggested that I try renaming the playlist-  didn’t work. 

@GusGusNFTSo you can play Amazon Music Unlimited Playlists, that you created, with over 100 songs using the Sonos App and your HEOS setup?

No. HEOS work on Denon / Marantz products. 

Thank you @Ken_Griffiths  I managed to create a playlist to debug against.

Amazon reject enumerating more than 100 items from these playlists, they generate this error:

Unsupported EntityId: library/playlists/<guid>/#library_playlist"

This is 100% Amazon’s problem, nothing to do with Sonos.

Thanks to the code I already added to my Windows app for the 10-second timeout, it does manage to load the first 100 items from these problematic Amazon playlists. It cannot load any more because Amazon simply refuse to give up anything after the 100th track.

Morning,

I also have the issue of no longer being able to play an Amazon playlist of over 100 on my sonos system. I don't use Spotify as it doesn't offer the Dolby Atmos.

I have read a few posts on this and until Sonos sort this out I read a post about how to get all your music back onto one playlist. So thought I would pass it on.

In my case I had 357 songs, so on Amazon Music I created 4 playlists, 1-100, 101-200, 201-300, 301-400.Then created a Sonos Playlist on the Sonos app and added the 4 playlists. 

So instead of going onto the Sonos app and selecting Amazon then playlist, I just now go to my Favorites on the Sonos app and the "compilation" of the 4 playlists are all combined and it works.

A lot of fiddling around I know but worth it in the end.

Hope this helps "for now" 🤪