Skip to main content

Today my Sonos is refusing to load any playlist I created on Amazon Music Unlimited that has more than 100 songs. I’ve reset router, cable modem, all speakers/amps, controller, deleted and reactivated the amazon account. All apps and Sonos controller are up to date. I verified my amazon account is active and still at the unlimited level, which it is. 

What is really odd is I can load any playlist, no matter what size, if it was created by amazon. I just can’t load my playlists, unless they have 100 or less songs. I contacted Sonos support and was told amazon limits playlist to 100 songs on Sonos, although only my personal playlist are not working if over 100 songs. I contacted amazon and they said they do not limit playlist songs to 100 on Sonos.

I really don’t want to switch from amazon, I have been happy for a couple of years with their unlimited service.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

The attached pictures shows what I see when I try to load a playlist with over 100 songs. Song 100 shows then just blanks for all the remaining songs. This is the PC app but it does the same on my iPhone app.

Thanks!

Just to make sure, have you opened the Sonos app, gone to your Amazon playlist, and scrolled all the way to the end?  I could always open the playlist, and I could always play it, but I could only view and it  would only play the firs 100 songs.  Now I can only view and play the first 200 songs.

Just to make sure, have you opened the Sonos app, gone to your Amazon playlist, and scrolled all the way to the end?  I could always open the playlist, and I could always play it, but I could only view and it  would only play the firs 100 songs.  Now I can only view and play the first 200 songs.

I created a playlist with 300+ tracks and called it ‘Test 200 Track Limit’ and that added all its tracks to a Sonos room queue and began playing them just a few moments ago. So seems to be working.

When I try to do that, if the playlist has 200 songs or less, I can add it to the Sonos queue with no problem.  But if I try to add a larger Amazon playlist to the queue, it returns a message saying “Unable to add songs to the queue.”  This happens both in the ios Sonos app, and in the Windows app.

I have updated the Sonos Windows app, and I’ve unplugged and  restarted my Sonos One.  But I still have the problem.

Maybe Amazon hasn’t rolled out the fixes universally (not sure how that would even work), but unless I’m missing something, this still is not working for me.  It went from 100 to 200 songs, but that’s it. 

Upon further review my 2500 song playlist only loaded the first 500 song. It did play the queue of 500 songs. Sorry for any confusion. It looks like playlists are limited to 500 songs.

I did some more investigating and I think my problem is with one particular Amazon playlist.  I have a different Amazon playlist that has more than 500 songs.  When I look at that playlist in Sonos, I can see all the items in the list, even those after the 500th.  When I add the playlist to the Sonos queue, it loads the first 500, which is what you folks say happens now.

But when I try do do the same thing with my problematic playlist, I can’t see the whole list, and I can’t add any of it using the Sonos app.  However, I can start the playlist playing by using Alexa voice commands to my Sonos One.  However, it does not seem to be able to play all of the songs on the list.

I’ve tried rearranging the 200th item in the list to see if that makes a difference.  It doesn’t.  Still shows only the first 200.

Weird.  Any suggestions?

Submitting diagnostics after any odd thing happens could be of value to the Sonos team, post the number and what you did and what happened here so they can find it if they come looking, call them if you want a response to your bug report.

First all my playlists, except for one, are under 500 songs. I guess in reality, for me, the 500 song limit is not a problem. I do have one playlist of just over 2,500 songs. If I use the Sonos app to look at the playlist all 2,500+ songs appear. If I use the Sonos app to play the huge playlist, only the first 500 songs load into the queue and play. It does create the queue in seconds.

If i highlight the 2,500+ Amazon playlist songs in the Sonos app and drag and drop that list into the Sonos queue, all the songs load into the queue. But, It took about 10 minutes to load into the queue.

Now if I use the Sonos App to Save my huge “Amazon Playlist” as a “Sonos Playlist” I can use the Sonos app to load and play the newly created Sonos Playlist. All 2,500+ songs load into the Sonos queue in seconds and all the songs are in the queue ready to play.

The image below shows the queue with the 2,536 songs I dragged and dropped into the Sonos queue.

I don’t know why Amazon has this limit on Sonos. Since I only have one huge playlist my workaround will work for me but really why have this limit at all.

Submitting diagnostics after any odd thing happens could be of value to the Sonos team, post the number and what you did and what happened here so they can find it if they come looking, call them if you want a response to your bug report.

I tried it again, didn’t work.  Submitted diagnostics.  The ref number is 61550305, if any Sonos person is monitoring this.  Problem was trying to add a larger Amazon playlist 400+ items to the Sonos queue.  Message that occurred was “Unable to add songs to the queue.”

I tried it again, didn’t work.  Submitted diagnostics.  The ref number is 61550305, if any Sonos person is monitoring this.  Problem was trying to add a larger Amazon playlist 400+ items to the Sonos queue.  Message that occurred was “Unable to add songs to the queue.”

There is an approx. 15s time-out for all services in the App - so if your playlist is taking too long, it maybe hitting that time-limit instead perhaps🤔, that’s if your connection to the Amazon servers is slow.

How quick is the internet connection?

Meanwhile, I just increased the same playlist mentioned earlier to a larger playlist (400+) and that’s working okay, but I do have a fairly quick internet connection.

There is an approx. 15s time-out for all services in the App - so if your playlist is taking too long, it maybe hitting that time-limit instead perhaps🤔, that’s if your connection to the Amazon servers is slow.

I’m not sure how fast the connection is, but I loaded a lot larger playlist into the queue just fine.  It’s only this particular one that doesn’t load.

I’m not sure how fast the connection is, but I loaded a lot larger playlist into the queue just fine.  It’s only this particular one that doesn’t load.

Is the Amazon playlist publicly shared? If so, post a link and I’ll give it a try… or maybe make a copy and post a link to its copy, if you prefer that.

Even try the copied playlist yourself to see if that works for you instead and delete the old one if it does work.

I made a copy of the playlist and it has the same problem as the original.

Here’s a link to the playlist:

https://music.amazon.com/user-playlists/9482a441209a49908b66125d841040casune?marketplaceId=ATVPDKIKX0DER&musicTerritory=US&ref=dm_sh_yhwIrzea7WGHhyuM58f1DiHOw

When I try to display the list using the Sonos app, it loads only the first 200, stopping at Johnny Cash (Drive On).  And when I try to add it to the Sonos queue, it fails.

I made a copy of the playlist and it has the same problem as the original.

Here’s a link to the playlist:

https://music.amazon.com/user-playlists/9482a441209a49908b66125d841040casune?marketplaceId=ATVPDKIKX0DER&musicTerritory=US&ref=dm_sh_yhwIrzea7WGHhyuM58f1DiHOw

When I try to display the list using the Sonos app, it loads only the first 200, stopping at Johnny Cash (Drive On).  And when I try to add it to the Sonos queue, it fails.

The Kitchen Dancing playlist (420 tracks) is working fine here - see screenshot.

@Crossbow,

Maybe try a reboot of the router and power-cycle the speakers you are targeting and see if that resolves the matter - it will clear the speaker queue too.

Just for your information @Crossbow, the last track I see in the Sonos speaker queue is The Galway Girl by Steve Earle.

Ken, thanks.  That’s weird.  You’re seeing the whole thing, and I’m not.  I’ll keep working on it.

Ken, one question.  How did you get the playlist into the Sonos queue?

Ken, one question.  How did you get the playlist into the Sonos queue?

Just the usual way, by selecting the shared link, which opens the Amazon App at the playlist, then select the ‘+’ icon to add it to my Amazon cloud library - it then auto-appears in the Amazon Music Service within the Sonos App under user playlists.

I did the same thing, and the list did appear in the Sonos app, but I still couldn’t page down past item 200, with either version of the list.

This is really weird.

I did the same thing, and the list did appear in the Sonos app, but I still couldn’t page down past item 200, with either version of the list.

This is really weird.

I was looking at the room ‘queue’ after it’s sent to the speaker, which works okay in my case and begins playing. I would reboot both the router (and speakers) and see if you can get the playlist playing and check the room queue, like I was doing earlier.

I took the URL you posted for the playlist and used Soundizz to recreate the playlist on Amazon. It would not load into Sonos queue.

I then took the playlist from Amazon and created a text file of all the songs using Soundiiz.com. I then used soundiiz to create the playlist on Amazon using the text file. Soundiiz did create the playlist but it could not find 88 of the songs. That does not mean they don’t exist, just Soundiiz could not find them using the text file.

I was able to load the 388 songs it did fine into the Sonos queue. Some of those songs are mixes that may longer exist on Amazon. You might try using soundiizz.com and play with this settlist. I think it may be one of the songs. Just a guess. Good luck.

Greg, thanks.  I think it’s one or more of the songs too.  I had divided the playlist into five smaller playlists, the first four with 100 songs, and the fifth with the rest.  Playlists 1, 2, 4, and 5 loaded just fine.  But Playlist 3 did not.  So I suspect it’s an issue with one or more of the songs there.  I will examine further.  Thanks for the tip about Soundiiz.

I fixed the problem. I ended up getting a Wiim Pro. No more playlist limitation, not WiFi drops, or unable to find my device in my network. 

I fixed the problem. I ended up getting a Wiim Pro. No more playlist limitation, not WiFi drops, or unable to find my device in my network. 

Very interesting. If I was not so heavily invested in Sonos, I would give the Wiim Pro a serious look at. Sure would save a lot of money vs Sonos. Sonos may be in trouble if the Wiim Pro catches on.

Very interesting. If I was not so heavily invested in Sonos, I would give the Wiim Pro a serious look at. Sure would save a lot of money vs Sonos. Sonos may be in trouble if the Wiim Pro catches on.

Can’t you just use one with your Connect line-in anyway🤔?